South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
No one told me about a secret spot!

But I have just got agreement (from my cousin) to use some land on his farm in the hills above Gwenddwr in the upper Wye valley. (search for Gwenddwr on google the follow the road south till it ends. The woods just North of the farm is where I have access. Cost is £5/night.

The area is the top end of a small river valley similar to Blaen Nedd Isaf but a lot more trees - plenty of room for hammocks and tents.

He is happy for us to hunt on the land (Rabbits and the very occaisional pheasant) and there are brown trout in the stream if you can catch them. The woodland hasn't been managed so there is plenty of standing dead wood there at the moment.

The farm borders onto open moorland and we are free to roam as long as we dont disturb the stock.

A quad bike has been offered to ferry people and gear down to the camp area, and we can hang onto it for emergency use over the weekend.

The only down side at the moment is that due to the wet weather the ground is a bit soft underfoot, but he assures me that it drains quickly and would be dry after 2/3 days without rain.

If anyone fancies trying out the site let me know and I'll give them a call.

ATB

Stewart

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love this place:

BlaenNeddIsaf.jpg

He used to charge very little, I haven't been for years. SN 911 144. I've put a bicylce tag on it.

Here you go!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Chase me ! Chase me!:D
RV Lidls Carmarthen? Friday morning
Talk to you thurs to finalise - I am going on holiday Wed 17 - Wed 24th so out of contact (again) for a while...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE