Some sneaky so and so on ebay.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Ok so admit it! Who dunnit? Who was the bushcrafter with quick fingers who nabbed the ebay auction I had been bidding on at the last moment? :)

After many a long night deliberating on what I wanted from a "camping pan set" I decided that something like the tracpac billy set would be fine but it would be IDEAL if I could have it in stainless steel. I searched and enquired and came away with nothing.

Then low and behold I find this on ebay - answering all my prayers. Untill that is someone else won it. So my question is "Does anyone know where I can get it from - manafacturers, anything similar?".

Normally quite phillosphical about ebay auctions but I really wanted these :(

Any Help?

Cheers
Tom

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Have you tried using a site like www.gixen.com?

It automatically waits till the very last minute to place a bid for you... so no showing your hand early (keeps the price down!), and means you don't need to be in front of the PC to submit your bid :)

You can still be outbid if someone chooses to pay more than you, but you'll also not be tempted to pay over the odds when caught up in auction-fever!

You basically decide what the maximum price will be for the item you want, and then it gives you the best possible chance of winning it at that price or less.

Deffo worth a look!

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Cheers Wallenstein I 'll check it out.

The one from trueways looks like irs ali to me?

That one from Oswald Baileys looks good. Never even been to that site before - will have to have a "have not been in out in a while therefore I must buy kit type browse about".

Thanks Guys

please feel free to add soemthing if you have come across something similar - I am such a geek when it comes to shopping, I like to know all my options :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
contact the seller on ebay, you never know they may be able to tell you where they got it from if you want that excact kit, worth a try.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Give Lurch a try, his shop seems well stocked/priced.

to be honest a tatonka kettle (which are priced very well at lakeland) would do just fine but I liked the fact that i could take or leave what was needed from that depending on the situation - means less gear stowed around the place as well. But If i cant find somehting like that on ebay I will go for a tatonka or the copper bottomed one from oswaldbailey I think.

gah still smarting over that lost auction. Must stop being such a child :lmao:

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
the ones above from ebay would need a bit of modding as i would need to fit a bale but thats not a problem. I like the look of the wynnster ones - if i cant get the set as in the ebay auction i think i might have to choose between the wynnster ones or a tatonka
Cheers for all the links coming guys. Collective knowledge used for the purpose of kit buying has to be a good way to pass the time.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I got a set from TK Maxx last year or so, very cheap. You just have to be lucky on the day or make regular trips!

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Ive ordered those from peak direct. They seemed perfect for what i want - durable and easy to clean with bails and reasonably deep lid/pans as well. The idea was to have a set that could be used for "big camping" with the missus (when she is brave enough to come out) and also be broken down into the smaller bits to go out with for solo/duo trips.

Cheers for all the help guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE