Some of my recent work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi All. As title here is some work i have done the last couple of months.
I have just completed my first big blade, this was made for someone in europe. He wanted a heavy chopping knife modelled on the Rambo 4 knife. It took some making, I wasn't set up for a convex grind so Bernie let me use his machine to do the grind and gave me a hand with it too. I know he gets some bad press on here but credit where its due.:)

This knife is 6mm 01 convex ground with the forge finish left on. Exhibition grade walnut for the handle, white liners with a sheath made from 5mm thick leather

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

IMG_6769.jpg

Heres some more of my recent work. All 3mm 01,

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6517.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

055.jpg

059.jpg

070.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
very very nice job

how have you finshed off the buscraft style blades they look really uniform and very neat

thank you

The blades are hand rubbed with wet and dry, the handles are sanded down to 1200 grit, given a few coats of danish oil and buffed. I have templates made up for every knife i have made so getting uniform shape is easy enough. The grinds are done free hand on a plate set up above the belt.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Nice to see my Woodie up there Mark! Keep up the good work. Like the big knife too. Cheers Ed:)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Doing well, its a perfect fit for my hands. The 3mm blade works great not to thick or heavy but still strong. Throws a great pile of sparks from a ferro rod too.
Hoping to get out and use it a bit more over Christmas and get some pics up.
Cheers Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE