Some good luck for a change

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
I took my son to the Harrogate model show today. The only thing I was really after was a wood tool rest for my Peatol (Taig) lathe as I'd been asked by someone if I could make them some lace bobbins, and I thought it would be more appropriate to use than the pole lathe :)

Anyway the UK importer there didn't have one with him. So I was thinking I'd be going home with nothing to show for my £20 of diesel and £13 entry, apart from admiring some of the fantastic engineering of course, when I happened across an interesting trade stand just as I was heading out of the building. They sold a real mixture of old and new equipment, but obviously aren't too aware of the wood side of things. I managed to pick up the following

20130512_harrogate.jpg

A new Flexcut 11 piece carving set and two new Flex cut knives, one being a right hand spoon knife, for the grand total of £20. A set of 3 70mm genuine DMT diamond whetstones for £1 and also 4 copper rivet tools for £5.

A result I'd say :)

Colin

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'd say that was a result alright, but I don't see a spoon knife there - not that that detracts from the bargain, well done .....................atb mac

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh, OK, I stand corrected............just couldn't see it from the pic.......cheapest I've seen these sets at is about £70 - 80, you've done extremely well with your haul for the day - makes the cost of diesel a bit easier to bear, eh?...........atb mac

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Thats more than a bargain mate just paid £18 for my flexcut sppon knife lol

Great tool too would pay it again in a second.

Very nice set there though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE