Some cultural differences...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware that Canada dispenced them OTC. As for the Mexican source, I would be hesitant to trust them. In any case I'd never use any antbiotics without a valid scip unless in dire emergencies. If they're really needed it's just to easy to get a real Rx. Besides, with an Rx, their paid for by insurance.

To clarify, this is totally false. Oral antibiotics Canada wide are available with a doctors prescription only. The only antibiotics sold over the counter are topical, such as eardrops etc.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
To clarify, this is totally false. Oral antibiotics Canada wide are available with a doctors prescription only. The only antibiotics sold over the counter are topical, such as eardrops etc.

Thanks BB. I knew it didn't sound right. I'd just been citing what the link had said.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Pregnacy's a sexually transmitted disease. Normally it'll run it's course in about 9 months but the side effects last a lifetime.

My Dr told me I'm immume but i am a carrier.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Autism isn't caused by a disease. It's genetic.

Mary

I was secetary for our local parents support group and a lot of parents sub scribed to the in innoculation theory. In fact the more pronounced their own presentation, the more likely they'd blame MMR and look for a 'cure' rather than ways of capitalising on their genetic advantages or finding ways based on their or their partners family knowledge and experience of autism.

I'm firmly in the 'dont try to cure me (or mine)' camp!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I was secetary for our local parents support group and a lot of parents sub scribed to the in innoculation theory. In fact the more pronounced their own presentation, the more likely they'd blame MMR and look for a 'cure' rather than ways of capitalising on their genetic advantages or finding ways based on their or their partners family knowledge and experience of autism.

I'm firmly in the 'dont try to cure me (or mine)' camp!

LOL. You've thoroughly confused me even more than Toddy can when she slips off into obscure Scottish phrases. Can you translate this please?

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
LOL. You've thoroughly confused me even more than Toddy can when she slips off into obscure Scottish phrases. Can you translate this please?
MMR is the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine, favorite vaccination to blame for our 'malfunctions' as it is given about the same time as autismbecomes noticable and is often accompanied by a reaction to the vaccine :) But the easiest translation is.... I'm wayyyy off topic.

:offtopic:

That too comes with the territory ;) So to get back on-thread, I think the cure for carriers is to eat LOTS of Jaffa Oranges. Well, THEY'RE seedless so they're BOUND to help..... ;)

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I'm not sure where you got that info but it's untrue. antibiotics require an Rx over here.

well that's a yes and no sort of thing - antibiotics for people require a script - antibiotics for fish tanks can be bought OTC - they are the same thing just sold for a different purpose - note however the range of fish tank antibiotic types does not cover the full range of antibiotics types that are available for people

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was hoping someone would ask that :eek:
I thought I'd really lost the plot of this thread.

Tengu.....what do you mean 'oranges' ?

Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE