Some amazing wood carvings at a website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Was having a mooch on line whilst noshing lunch just now, mostly looking for some inspiration for a carving I have to do with the latest challenge Paul and my Brother and I have set each other. I have a piece partially finished but I'm losing interest in it and want to have a go at something else.

Anyway I googled up some images and amongst the usual stuff these amazing examples popped up AT THIS WEBSITE.

It looks like those arms and legs are all carved from the larger single piece off wood.

Some serious skills eh? Hope you enjoy these images.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good find Biker, some amazing work there. Would like to actually see and touch the work as I think the play on visuals and textures would be pretty important. Cheers for posting GB.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those are incredible.............I've never seen better carving than that; it'd be interesting to know what woods he uses, the fabric and the pillow with indent - stunning!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Those are incredible.............I've never seen better carving than that; it'd be interesting to know what woods he uses, the fabric and the pillow with indent - stunning!

Glad you folks are liking those pix and skills.

The wood looks to me like pitch pine or douglas fir, though I'm a carpenter by trade I'm rather weak at identifying certain woods, but the carving I'm currently doing in this challenge is on a piece of pitch pine, the grain pattern is similar to those arms and legs in those pictures.

As for the pillow yeah amazing, but it was the glove holding the chisel that brought a wow out of me, that and the draped fabric in the first images.

Anyway pleased you enjoyed seeing 'em.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lololol!!! wow!!!

yup loooks like pitch pine to me too...been using it recently for firesteel handles....nice stuff, great grain and boy does it smell wonderful!

a

ps....like that painting too bill!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE