Snow on the BBC weather forcast.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've just had a blizzard…..but on top of saturated ground, it's all melting away as fast as it lies.
Quite a temperature drop from last night in double figures to 1.8C just now though.

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Was tromping down with snow earlier up here with more on the way. Lying too, the main road was dead slow with a fair few delays. 2015-01-13 08.18.32.jpg Glad I put on the big boots this morning.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Snowing here too, and it's lying even though it's sodden wet underneath.
Himself went up the loft a little while ago and brought down the skidoos type sledges :D

M

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
What a palaver over the white stuff, from the west end to charing cross, car owners decided to go home at four this afternoon. I drive to work in 25 minutes on a bad day. Took that just to reach University avenue, Great Western Road was quiet compared to Dumbarton road. On the plus side my niece made a snowman.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Byres Road was closed though, so that shifted a lot of traffic. A chimney stack collapsed at 105.
Jamie was here this afternoon and he and his friend drove back into town this evening. A journey that should take 25 minutes took nearly 50. The M74 was down to about 30mph he said when he phoned me to say they were in.

M

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Was a good foot on the Hay Bluff today and yesterday, with drifts up to thigh-deep (ask me how I know :rolleyes:). Looked glorious. Trip report to follow.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
same in upper weardale, good enough for snow shoeing for miles..(I'd post some pics but photo$ucket knackers my pc up)..had to leave the car at the top of the track, got stuck once, didn't fancy it happening at 6am tomorrow...may try my ski's tomorrow if the farmers haven't plowed/salted it away.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
We've had a couple of days with no snow on the ground. However, in the last 20 minutes it's gone from green to white with about 1.5 inches now laying. Due to this blizzard work outside has had to come to a stop, no fun when your visor is clogged with snow :eek: Now sat indoors with a hot mug of coffee :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE