Snow on it's way?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Spent today shooting in the woods, and the snow was a real bonus. I followed a deer trail straight to them (wasn't deer stalking though), including finding a patch where they must have hunkered down out of the snow. Fantastic to be out there on the first day of snow, what amazed me was how quickly the place was full of tracks - like reading an open book.

W

woodlanduk

the Deeper the colder the better so come on Mummy nature show us what your made of i dont call the odd snowflake a blizzard whare is that whiteout?

W

woodlanduk

see Col (Calibanzwei) is looking forward to the snow more then anyone i can currently think of, first chance we're racing off to the hills to walk in the white stuff!
we even have an emergency plan, i.e. as we freeze to death strike the most "Metal" pose possible so when they find us either in a few days or perhaps in a few hundred years they'll wonder what the hell we were doing out there...

love the emergency plan it will confuse the c**p out of an arcy in 23,000 years LMAO:lmao::lmao::rolleyes:

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Yep, had a nice frost this morning then some nice big flakes at about 11am. Covered the car for a while but then it all turned to mush. Now its just a fine drizzle.

I wonder what it will be like at the weekend though? Im going to the Herts meet so should be fun!

ATB, Jon.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
How come you southerner's get all the good weather,,,eg in summer you get all the sun(my sister lives in London and calls me bragging how hot and dry it is), and in the winter you get all the Snow, where as we get rain all four seasons, with the odd smattering of gale force winds just for that little extra touch.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I remember when we used to get loads up here in the early eighties, schools would close for weeks at a time and nobody could get out of the villages for days.

Or is it just that my childhood memories have enhanced over time and it wasn't really that bad ?

Hmph, not fair :(

No, it really was that bad. We had over a metre of snow in two days here:eek:
My brother's Alsatian got tied to the sledge and Lass towed my P1 son home from school on it. They built an igloo on the front lawn with their Uncle's help :) Son2 looks perishing cold in the photos :rolleyes:
It snowed heavily for several years afterwards too.

The same thing happened in my childhood. My Mum made me a snowsuit using the down from a pillow :approve:

It seems to come in cycles. I think we're due :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Woodwatcher

Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
It snowed in wickham market in suffolk. this morning big flakes but only lasted 30 mins or so. Went there with work and headed back into norfolk where it was foggy and raining. roll on the real white stuff.

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
How come you southerner's get all the good weather,,,eg in summer you get all the sun(my sister lives in London and calls me bragging how hot and dry it is), and in the winter you get all the Snow, where as we get rain all four seasons, with the odd smattering of gale force winds just for that little extra touch.

Aye, it's ridiculous. There was snow in Barcelona tonight (watching the match :D ) and in Aberdeen there is nary a flake. I want my money back.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
No Snow For Sambo please, send it to the southern lot who seem to revel in it lol I llike cold, and when NOT at work snow is reet good. But have you ever had to work in it !? Its doable but not that nice IMO

Sam

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, I drove a Renault Clio up Broad Street in Stirling through two feet of snow to get to work at the Castle :sigh:
Me and Trishbo wearing 16thCentury costume, complete with corsets :rolleyes:
I think I was more terrified of the comments we'd get from the rescue folks if I stalled the car, than of the snow, right enough :eek:

No, I agree, snow's not funny when you're working.
The older I get the more I realise just how much hardship it can cause people, birds and animals.
But a day or so of it is still fun :D :D

cheers,
Toddy

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Well What a disapointment, I was already to go out opened the door to rain, but I still ventured out to the heathland, despite my wife thinking Im mad. It wasnt that cold either, I sat under my poncho and had my lunch. Only a couple of dog walkers nearby and they were soaked lol. I hope I get some snow over christmas for some photos

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.

"All the snow". We never get enough, bring back the days when I was a kid, several feet of it and it lasted for weeks. Thats snow! We want more. :soapbox:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just in from walking the mutt and some flakes are falling, and I've got two days off... please be heavy please.....:puppy_dog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE