Snow on it's way?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Started snowing here in Liverpool city centre, just showed our little granddaughter her first snowball, was she amused?
Must get the camera out, goody goody.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Torrential rain here :sigh:

The thermometer in the garden said -4 oC this morning but there's been a warm wind come through and everything has melted. It's now reading 2 oC and the rain is lashing down.

cheers,
M

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Doesn't last long here either, all melting away and the sun coming through.
icon9.gif

Only consolation, Liverpool are getting beat 2-0.
icon10.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The snow does'nt last long here ,:(:(:(:sadwavey: it's a shame

Whooo hooo, :D :D
In the time since I posted last we now have a couple of cms and it's lying despite all that rain, and it's blowing a blizzard.
Jamie's in town, and he just phoned to say that twenty minutes ago Glasgow was dry and now he's got about three inches on the ground :D

cheers,
M

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Sunny Norfolk is down to -3 now and the snow has stayed on the trees.:)

The poor dog has got balls of snow frozen onto his beard and he's trying to wipe them off.

Hope that you all get at least some to play in.:)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
After all my moaning and whining i'm in Chorley and we've got stacks of snow now so i'm a happy boy, although i've got to pop into town which involved dealing with people putting their brakes on when going around corners etc in the snow, it will be fun :D

Long live the snow :mexwave:goodjob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's like the frozen north up here today, the sun's out but it's so cold nothing is melting. Still got a good few inches everywhere apart from on the roads and the wifey's just told me it's snowing again at home :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Minus 5 here clear skies no more snow though, my misses was just off the phone to the mother in law and its 6in over where she stays (Strathaven Lanarkshire)and her sister in Aberdeen reckons its to get to around minus 12.Looks like the west is getting the more snow and the east getting the colder temps.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've got about 10cms of the white stuff :D

and I've bene out throwing snowballs :cool:
The cat's got her legs crossed and she's cuddling a radiator :rolleyes:

was supposed to do a supermarket shop tomorrow :sigh:
Oh well, the pantry's full :approve:

Merry Christmas :D

cheers,
Toddy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
just an update since my last post its been snowing for the last hour and half quite heavy, now panicing as its christmas shop (food) day 2moro and weve had no gritter lorries out at all,its been minus 5 and now weve got snow on top and a hill at the end of the road.Should be fun.ps our pantry's empty.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Ditto Mary!

Loads here in North Glasgow. Down to -7 last night too. Currently about 3-4" on the garden. Hoping for no more until New Year, though! I'm supposed to be driving down to Cheshire tomorrow (Glasgow-Carlisle-M6-Winsford).

Anyone know what M6 at Shap Fell's like? Intent is to leave after rush hour tomorrow morning (10-ish) with spare clothes, sleeping bag, etc, in the car. I'm hoping that the major A-roads and Motorways will be gritted and largely clear. Finger's crossed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE