Snow here...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got up this morning, looked out the window to see the snow has reached down here now... only a dusting but it's coming down still so it might get thicker as the day goes on. :cool:

Now to go brave the roads and see what idiots it's brought out :rolleyes:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
We've got a tiny bit of a dusting here but it's too wet to make a decent snowball and not deep enough to stop the traffic. Someone said that there's more coming but they also said that we'd have a bitterly cold winter with snow and all at the end of October/November. I hate it when they get predictions of my all-time favourite weather so massively wrong!

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
Big fluffy snow falling...probably about an inch so far - hurrah
Ground is wet so not lying - hurrah (for me as driver), boo from the kids

Office_view_161211_1.jpg

Sometimes it nice to work from home - this is the view from my 'office'

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
BBC Sussex was saying it was snowing all over the county this morning, not here it wasnt, it seems to get within a mile of me and turn to rain, mind you im not overly disappointed as i have to make my last trip to the Post Office before Chrimbo later, but after that im to get some Venison for tomorrows dinner:)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Well...9 degs this morning down here on the south west coast...and bright sun in one half of the sky....but with a very dark steel colour to the other half. We rarely get snow but have done for the last two years...It is weird standing on the beach in the snow though :)

Sack

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Down here in Hove it is sleet that I am getting, hitting the ground and turning into water.
Looks like I'll be getting a bit wet at the Sussex meet along with some other brave souls.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I woke up to a white world :D
It's not very thick and it's on top of sodden ground, but right now the world looks Christmassy :D

atb,
M

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Had heavy rain all night but at around 8 this morning it started snowing and hasnt stopped, starting to settle on roofs and cars and even the roads are getting slushy. Hope the gritters get out soon or it'll be chaos again, was hoping the council might have learnt from last year. At least its pretty! :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
None here :)

But who wouldn't want an excuse to at least try one of these?

AF_Header_1.jpg

(from here ~ no connection)

Or, for those with a bit of extra mullah, one of these beasties ...

medium_gas-powered-snowboard.jpg

or, possibly, what appears (to me) to be a futurisctic coffin ...

medium_5_jcPrb_58.jpg

ickyan

Forager
Jun 26, 2009
shropshire
here the rain has just turned to very slushy snow, snow in the hills though.

Its getting more like snow as i type this post

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Had a lovely covering this morning on the walk taking the kids to school, even had a couple of snow balls thrown at me! However, it's all pretty much melted now. Kiddies not happy...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE