Snow here...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
"Looks like the car wont start on thursday, pants . day off work :) " - Salad

Misread that at first. Thought you'd said pants off day off work!! Image of someone bunking off work and not wearing their pants. Kind of a Homer Simpson like character!! No offence meant!! I'm sure you're not like that!!

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
"Looks like the car wont start on thursday, pants . day off work :) " - Salad

Misread that at first. Thought you'd said pants off day off work!! Image of someone bunking off work and not wearing their pants. Kind of a Homer Simpson like character!! No offence meant!! I'm sure you're not like that!!

hahahahhha :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We have snow here as well - just when I am too busy to realy get out there!
I had a few hours on the hill this morning - but I realy need a whole day and to take a shovel to play at snow shelters!
It is ironic that I will be away in the Beacons this w/e on a bushy meet when I could be enjoying the snow closer to home!
DuluthWandererpackinthesnow.jpg

StormyKromerbunkhousetrousersinsnowconditions.jpg

StormyKromerBunkhousetrousersinsnow.jpg

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
well we had 0.000000000000000000000000001 mm here, i considered getting my crampons out because the radio was warning of treacherous conditions out there:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
well we had 0.000000000000000000000000001 mm here, i considered getting my crampons out because the radio was warning of treacherous conditions out there:rolleyes:
Wow, you ok mate? Is the power still on. I've loaded the landy with supplies but couldn't get close. The RAF are trying to get a mercy flight to you guys soon. Hang on in there, something will get through soon.

You're in our thoughts.

Ment to be minus 24 here on Thursday night, told the missus I was going to sleep in the garden to test a sleeping bag. She just looked at me and said , I knew you would say that.
I have no idea how -24 feels , as it is my first winter here I am very curious :)
Our overnight minimum tonight is forecast as PLUS 24 C. I may go sleep in the garden, but I'm not going anywhere near a sleeping bag.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wow, you ok mate? Is the power still on. I've loaded the landy with supplies but couldn't get close. The RAF are trying to get a mercy flight to you guys soon. Hang on in there, something will get through soon.

You're in our thoughts.

oh no the car has a slight white covering on the roof, how are we going to cope?, i blame the Government, the Heli tried to get here, we heard it in the distance, but it had to turn back due to 0.05mph head winds and a slight overcast in the sky, the power is off and we are burning granddads wooden leg to keep warm, it's ok, when i can get past the snow drifts, i'll fell a tree and carve him a new one.

Things are bad here, people are collecting the salt off the roads now because the Chippy ran out, as no supply trucks could get here to bring fresh supplies.

Send help asap ..........................................:rolleyes:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
hahahha, on a sad note woke up expecting there to be a full on Siberian winter due to the news warnings last night, was sorely disappointed, so im now wearing shorts and tee shirt in the hope it bring the colder weather this way:)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
:hatscarf:The tiniest, tiniest amount floated down on the breeze yesterday and settled for a second or two on my shoulders. Its the first snow i have seen this year apart from on mr fenna's photos :(

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
"If Candlemass Day is bright and clear,
There'll be two winters in the year."

Bright and clear here. Maybe we might get at least one winter this time round after all.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Doh! Just realised Candlemass Day is tomorrow. Please ignore the previous post - unless it is sunny tomorrow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE