Sixth Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi John, my hammock arrived today, many thanks,i tried it out in the garden under brilliant blue skies and was just dozing off when the kids saw what i was upto,then i spent the next hour trying to get them out of it :rolleyes:

Cheers again!

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
John,

How much do you trust the current cord/rope that is supplied with the hammock and how they are tied?

:rolleyes:

Just checking before I make a fool of myself and break something!!! :D

Phil

PS No, I'm not expecting a guarantee!!! :lmao:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hammock arrived. Great work :You_Rock_

I haven't had it out of the bag yet, will get straps tomorrow and a chance to play on sunday.

:beerchug:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
PhilParry said:
How much do you trust the current cord/rope that is supplied with the hammock and how they are tied?

I trust the cord absolutely but the knots I would always check. I took the hooks off mine and tied rings on with the cost , using a fisherman's knot to join the ends and covered this in electrical tape to make sure it did not slowly slip undone.

Stuart, I should have told you that you need to order a hammock for at least each of your children and passably your wife. Once they have tried it they will not settle till they get their own.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
MagiKelly said:
I trust the cord absolutely but the knots I would always check. I took the hooks off mine and tied rings on with the cost , using a fisherman's knot to join the ends and covered this in electrical tape to make sure it did not slowly slip undone. QUOTE]

Thanks for that John.

Did you also use a knot to attach the "tree-line" to your ring (if so, what knot did you use?), or stitch it on? :rolleyes:

Phil

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Arrived yesterday - amzing bit of kit for the money! Thanks John. You're a gent and the Groupbuymeister... :D

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Baaah.... :censored:

My rings haven't arrived yet and I was hoping to use the hammock on my weekend trip to Ross-On-Wye.... :rolleyes:

Never mind....! I'll just have to improvise without them! :D

Phil

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
John,

SWMBO says that mine arrived the other day, thanks very much (once again :rolleyes: ) I really must learn to resist.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE