Sixth Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Sorry, I must have missed an etiquette thingy here, I'm new on the forums, I have tried the hammock (Bushmoot) I wanted to know which one it was so that I could pay over-the-odds for it if this group buy takes a long time. (I'm going out again real soon). I Want one and I want one NOW!!!!

P.S. I can't find any descriptive threads pertaining to the hammock, is it because I'm new or is it because I'm stupid?

No man is an ice-cube

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
drstrange said:
Sorry, I must have missed an etiquette thingy here, I'm new on the forums, I have tried the hammock (Bushmoot) I wanted to know which one it was so that I could pay over-the-odds for it if this group buy takes a long time. (I'm going out again real soon). I Want one and I want one NOW!!!!

P.S. I can't find any descriptive threads pertaining to the hammock, is it because I'm new or is it because I'm stupid?

No man is an ice-cube

Hi, go to post # 1 of this thread and click one of the links ;)

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Why I can't buy this hammock over-the-odds is because they make them far far away and only ship them in shed-loads. If I want this particular item I shall have to wait. This will have a beneficial effect in three ways:
1) I won't be pandering to jeuvenile urges of impatience that, quite frankly, at my age, I should have managed to control already
2) I will be purchasing a superior quality item at source at a price which represents excellent value for money and promotes fair trade instead of rag trade
3) I will be participating in a mutually beneficial economic model which, If everthing we bought in life was based upon, we would all be much better off
4) the combination of the three above points could help to initiate a new spirit of co-operation and responsibility whose implications could have consequences locally, globally and out into the wider cosmos
:confused:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
drstrange said:
Why I can't buy this hammock over-the-odds is because they make them far far away and only ship them in shed-loads. If I want this particular item I shall have to wait. This will have a beneficial effect in three ways:
1) I won't be pandering to jeuvenile urges of impatience that, quite frankly, at my age, I should have managed to control already
2) I will be purchasing a superior quality item at source at a price which represents excellent value for money and promotes fair trade instead of rag trade
3) I will be participating in a mutually beneficial economic model which, If everthing we bought in life was based upon, we would all be much better off
4) the combination of the three above points could help to initiate a new spirit of co-operation and responsibility whose implications could have consequences locally, globally and out into the wider cosmos
:confused:

Pretty much :D . I have to buy them in 50 at a time. I am not aware of anyone who stocks these exact ones in the UK however www.ParadiseHammocks.co.uk do a double hammock which is very similar but a bit longer (3.5m) so you could get one of those at almost twice the price but you will need to make sure you have a tarp that will cover your hammock as well.

I am also asking the insect netting manufacturer about hammocks as he has ones that seem to fit the same spec but I have still to see a sample of these and find out about prices.

So no doubt another buy will be along some time in the not too distant future. I want to get the last of the insect nets out the door before I fill my house with hammocks again :rolleyes:

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
MagiKelly said:
So no doubt another buy will be along some time in the not too distant future. I want to get the last of the insect nets out the door before I fill my house with hammocks again :rolleyes:

And trust me, ive been in Magickellys house and seen all the gear stacked up he has for theses group buys. Theres the hammocks, the insect netting, the dry bags, the ta.......... :D

MagiKelly

Axe Catcher said:
I'd like to go down on the next group buy list please. Could you PM me when it looks inevitable?

Cheers AC

When it looks inevitable it will be a lot of work to go through all the pages and PM those who expressed an interest but I will post that there is a new buy on this thread, as I have done in the past. So if you are subscribed to this thread you should see the announcement.

The Insect Netting supplier also supplies hammocks so I have asked them about prices and to see a sample to see if they might be worth trying for the next group buy. I have also had a thought about hammocks for children but I will post a thread about that gathering information.

drstrange

Forager
Jul 9, 2006
London
Sorry, when I logged on, for some reason it took me to your first post in the thread (cached page??), the one where you give in under the pressure and launch another hammock buy, I then responded with my previous post. When I checked it I couldn't see your post below it so there must have been a mistake.
Please don't feel hassled, I can wait, I know that these group buys must be a pain to organise and I appreciate your kind efforts. Take your time and thank you, you still rock.

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
Some questions which I couldn't find any answers to.

1. Will you ship to the Netherlands? If so; what would that cost (currently for only 1 hammock)
2. What kind of material is used for the hammock? (I'd like it to be a bit breathing ;))
3. What's that weight of the hammock?

MagiKelly

Goliath said:
1. Will you ship to the Netherlands? If so; what would that cost (currently for only 1 hammock)

Yes. Usually it is about an extra £1 on the postage.

Goliath said:
2. What kind of material is used for the hammock? (I'd like it to be a bit breathing ;))

Parachute silk, So it will breath but is not waterproof. Not that it needs to be.

Goliath said:
3. What's that weight of the hammock?

Not sure. Light anyway. The rings and climbing tape weigh more than the hammock itself.

Of course at the moment there are no hammocks available but the answers should still be relevant for the next group buy.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
I'm interested in yet another one, I had one with me on a family reunion and had to leave without it (my brothers kids kidnapped it :). That made my sister grumpy because she wanted one too :-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE