Show your homemade stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Oh for wosssnames sake

ive been looking for places to volunteer etc thats only 10miles up the road :eek::rolleyes:

ATB

Duncan

Give them a call mate. they are always happy to get new labour! :D

I think the Viking longhouse is pretty much done now - not been in ages because of uni. but I think the next project will be to re-thatch a small round house.

atb
andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
:eek::eek::eek::eek: ill get me coat!!!

:You_Rock_ you annoyingly talented people!!

My own talent is keeping the british economy driving forward by buying my gear...:(:(:(

Well done folks.

Give them a call mate. they are always happy to get new labour! :D

I think the Viking longhouse is pretty much done now - not been in ages because of uni. but I think the next project will be to re-thatch a small round house.

atb
andy

THink i will i like teh idea they have a blacksmith on site :D

on DIY i seem to have slipped and ordered a load of Kydex tools and stuff so the future is Plastic :eek:

Biker can do Bushcraft Betty a nice kydex lipstick holder in Hot Pink
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_54_136&products_id=1958

:D

ATB

Duncan

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
FoxyRick - love your 'Tactical Action' leg! Don't mess with teh man with the limp!

Hope it's on the mend mate.

lol - ta!

I went out for my first hill walk in over a year just last Monday. Ankle's a bit sore but not bad. My wife told me off because I walked for five hours over the hills and came back with mud up to my knees.

It was a complete rupture, with surgery to repair it. It's been a long 11 months!

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
THink i will i like teh idea they have a blacksmith on site :D

ATB

Duncan

The resident blacksmith is amazing - he is in his 70's now but started when he was 14 :eek:
sadly he has leukaemia and prostate cancer so he is taking it easy at the moment. But I haven't seen him in some months and the treatments were working very well the last time I spoke to him.

if blacksmithing is your thing though - Luke Winter is also a talented smith - and I will be there later this year to add my meagre skills to the mix.

Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I'm not much of a DIY'er, modifying existing kit to meet my requirements is more within my abilities. However, here are a few things I've made:

First up is a sheath for a Busse BATAC. Made almost entirely from a laptop bag that had a pocket and some 'reclaimed' stiff plastic for liners:

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4186.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Here's a leather sheath I made for my Busse AD:

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4303.JPG

Here's a Ferrorod with built in lighting I made a while ago:

fc1.jpg

fc2.jpg

Finally, here is some modified kit. My 'Tactical Action' leg from when I ruptured my Achilles tendon last April. Note the pain relief and emergency computer repair tool at the top of the first pic:

IMG_4454a.jpg

IMG_4451a.jpg

I wonder if David beckham might be in the market for a bit of gucci kit like this!!!

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Some of my home made wooden stuff. Some of these home made stuff are used to make textile home made stuff... it never ends :D.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
pretty much everything in here should be in an art gallery. there really is no other way to express the amazingness of some people's creativity on here.

Biker

pretty much everything in here should be in an art gallery. there really is no other way to express the amazingness of some people's creativity on here.

My thoughts exactly! The knives look like they should be under glass in a cabinet not hanging from your belt and used in the woods. I'd be afraid to use one of those for fear of damaging it. No tht emention tha fact that they're too beautiful to be called merely "tools"

Thanks so much for sharing your handicrafts and art with the rest of us. Really inspiring!

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Some attempt on knife making again and one crude sheath:eek:

tuppisivukoteloaukiPIENENNETTY.jpg

The sheath has small front pocket for small things,and firesteel holder,i made the firesteel handle from leftover piece of the same dyed & oiled curly birch that i used on the knifes handles.

tupintakapuolipienennetty.jpg

Backside of the sheath has small flat pocket for dc3 sharpening stone.

tuppijaveittivalmiinaPIENENNETTY-1.jpg

The knif eitself is made from hi carbon steel,by both,forging and stock removal,it has hardness of 58 hrc on edge and its bit softer on spine,that also has been sharp corners for fire steel scraping.I put some small file work into spine too,on fron tof the handles,mostly for better grip when your thumb is on the spine for some reason.It has quarter inch hole on the handles back,for lanyard.Handles are from oiled and dyed curly birch and the "pins" are some brass ones that i found from hardware store.

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Heyyy,,

thanks guys,for those words.

Biker,

yes i like that design too somehow pretty much,as it allows me to carry essentials in one sheath,meaning firesteel,knife,and means to sharpen it,plus some small extra items,without carrying anything other attached into my belt.This aint so light-weight i admit but its sturdy and useful to my needs and thats about what matters,the fact that i made it for me only and i managed to built it in a satisfying way.It took a bit of head scratching too,to think the way to stitch it,as theres quite many seams and parts.

Its not a rambo knife,its a rambo sheath as my friend said:wow1:

I am at the time,making one quite big knife,that my sami blacksmith friend forged to me,as i dont have,now any chance to make big blades with my own hands.Its a hybrid of leuku and full tang chopper knife,and i am making handles to it now,and the sheath...i think it will have pocket for smaller knife,firesteel and one accessory pouch too.It will be so heavy that im not making any belt loops at all,no,i am making a leather strap to it instead so i can throw it over to shoulder and carry it like that.

pwb

I am at the time,making one quite big knife,that my sami blacksmith friend forged to me,as i dont have,now any chance to make big blades with my own hands.Its a hybrid of leuku and full tang chopper knife,and i am making handles to it now,and the sheath...i think it will have pocket for smaller knife,firesteel and one accessory pouch too.It will be so heavy that im not making any belt loops at all,no,i am making a leather strap to it instead so i can throw it over to shoulder and carry it like that.

Hope you'll stick up some pics when it's done :).

Here's a sheath I made for a Mora 780 :

DSC02717Small.jpg

dsc027202Small.jpg

I also wanted to add a few extras to the sheath but was a bit limited for space . Wish I'd put a firesteel loop on though :(.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE