show us your minimal survival kit...

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Interesting inclusion
Why carry these?

Mark

I caught a snippet of a Ray Mears episode on youtube a while back where he was using small nails to keep his sharpening stone in place while he used it on a log- just tapping them in with the spine of his knife. I've got nothing chunky enough in my tin to be able to tap in a nail, and my DMT pocket stone is light as hell- it gets dragged around whine you try and use it if its not held down. I've found that I can screw those eyelets in nicely and with the wider flats areas they really hold my the light stone in place without it ending getting dragged everywhere :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Credit card - as despite the time spent outdoors your still more likely to get stuck/stranded in an urban area.

Credit card and some cash Ed. Good to see yet another survival tin/kit question, not had one for a couple of weeks now.

Why don't people look at past threads?

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Credit card and some cash Ed. Good to see yet another survival tin/kit question, not had one for a couple of weeks now.

Well my question was minimal for a reason 4 items in cf case anyone else ever posted that?
It was not intended as what i expect had gone before,but I am happy to let things develop a path :)

Last edited:

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Native

seems to go against the grain of you signature,why read it if it gets your goat?

please point out the thread about carrying a minimalist survival kit due to injures and unable to carry a lot of weight as i cant find it...thanks :)

ashes1627

Nomad
Nov 13, 2010
North Walsham, Norfolk

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to others if you gave them a link to a similar thread, rather than being sarcastic? The OP was about a 4 piece kit, which I would say is helpful for people who want something small and lightweight to carry and improve their odds of getting back quickly if they did get lost.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I see you haven't changed much Rik! I personally quite like threads like this even if the subject has been spoken about before in some form or another.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
please point out the thread about carrying a minimalist survival kit due to injures and unable to carry a lot of weight as i cant find it...thanks :)

Hi,

You won't find a thread with those exact criteria. But TBH there are a lot of threads in the subject of Survival kits / pouches / tins.

A Couple of recent ones are:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68970&highlight=survival+kit

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69726&highlight=survival+pouch

The general gist of the threads is the same. Handy stuff to have on your person in the event of an emergency / survival situation...

For your situation I'd add in some form of light / torch. I'd carry a moblie phone and perhaps have either a spare phone battery or one of those emergency adaptors that let you run a phone on an AA for a while...

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE