Caretaker of the "Pass it on" kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
I think its a great idea! having the chance to try out gear before i bought my own and get an idea of what will work for me wouldve been something i wouldve jumped at the opportunity of when i first started years ago, having gone through various bits of kit over the years I have spent a fortune lol! If it helps i have a British army tarp I can donate to the cause if you want it?

this is one ive been putting off, just been too easy to get the pop up tent out and use that, could I try this tarp out for a trip or 2 please? or until someone else gets the bug like me to do the sleeping part properly

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
This whole idea is very honourable indeed, im just starting out really, only been bitten by the bug for a couple of months so still trying to figure out what I need, what I will use and what I can pass on once I decide if I like it or not,

as regards to the lack of response I think it may be partly down to people just not getting their head round the concept of there being people out there that would do this sort of thing, I had 2 looks at this post before deciding to respond, there just isn't that many people out there today that do the something for nothing deal, I have tried loads of things as ive seen obsessions come and go,

I got into air rifles at one point, cost me a pretty penny to try it and after a few sessions decide that it wasn't for me. the rifle sat in the corner getting board for ages until someone posted on a fishing forum that they were thinking of getting a rifle to try, I saved them the bother and gave them my rifle, I also know that he passed it on to someone and they are now both members of a proper club, with rifles that cost more than my car :D, I hope this idea goes the same way and encourages people to atleast give bushcraft a go

looks like I have lucked into a decent forum with decent like minded people, thanks for dreaming this one up

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Thanks for the offers of backpacks and tarps! They will make a good addition to my stuff.
However there is no point in sending them to me as I am in Sweden. Lets wait for a caretaker and see if we can't make the stuff converge?

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
This whole idea is very honourable indeed, im just starting out really, only been bitten by the bug for a couple of months so still trying to figure out what I need, what I will use and what I can pass on once I decide if I like it or not,

Are you interested in taking care of the kit?

looks like I have lucked into a decent forum with decent like minded people
Thats why I keep coming back here!

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
this is one ive been putting off, just been too easy to get the pop up tent out and use that, could I try this tarp out for a trip or 2 please? or until someone else gets the bug like me to do the sleeping part properly

Sure no problem send me you addy and I'll post it Monday for you, just pass it on on here when your done mate.

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
Are you interested in taking care of the kit?
absolutely, its a great idea. and I know im not going to be part of a huge list of people but I am someone that would rather give something to someone else to make use of rather than it sit there gathering dust. ive already been offered a tarp that I have been putting off buying as im not sure if it will be my thing, without this sort of idea being put forward it would have maybe never happened. hopefully I will have stuff of my own to pass on in the future too

Thats why I keep coming back here!

really don't blame you, just hope that future posts will lead to being able to meet up with a couple of seasoned bushmen, finding like minded people these days seem to be few and far between

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Collect+ do a service for upto 10kg where they will deliver it to a local collect+ pickup / drop off point (usually a corner shop) who will hold onto it for upto 10 days so you can collect at your convenience all for £5.29 (with £50 of insurance) but you can purchase more in £1 increments

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Well the basic kit is finally on it's way to urbansurvivor and the arctic kit to Johnboe.
I hope they have fun with it and let us know how it goes!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Collect+ do a service for upto 10kg where they will deliver it to a local collect+ pickup / drop off point (usually a corner shop) who will hold onto it for upto 10 days so you can collect at your convenience all for £5.29 (with £50 of insurance) but you can purchase more in £1 increments

Its £9.29 for 10Kg but still not a bad price really.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE