Scout stamps for embossing leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I’ve had a go at the Scout Association logo after several people asked me about it. Here are the results:

scoutstampsmalluy6.jpg

The sizes (of the image, not the overall stamp) are approx:
Small 30 x 26mm
Medium 37 x 32mm
Large 46 x 40 mm

I was surprised at the detail of the ropework on the small one – I reckon this would be a good size for a 40mm belt. Prices? I did say that I would charge £4.50 for “standard” designs and £8 - £10 for custom designs, but since there seems to be quite a few out there who want these and, as the Scout’s are as worthy a cause as one can find, then they come in at £4.50 each (I know this sounds daft as they are different sizes, but I have to use the same amount of material for each – I just cut away more for the smaller ones.) Want a set of three? Then £11.00 a set (since I can save on P&P).

Word of warning: I’ve used up a lot of the scrap material experimenting recently so if there may be a slight delay until more becomes available.

Incidentally, one of my colleagues is making a belt for his lad who is in the Scouts and I have made him a campfire logo as well – I will post a picture of this as soon as I can.

Note to Tony and the Mods:
The proceeds are going to buying materials for the kids at the school, but if you feel I ought not to do this until I have paid to be a "Maker" then I will pay up asap.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Lovely results, very clear indeed. I have a couple of images ready now but as your running low on stock material I'll hang fire until I hear otherwise.

clownman

Jan 9, 2009
Tamworth
awesome stamps, excellent detail. I'd be interested in one when you get more materials in etc. Drop me a PM when you have.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Clownman, SimonM and Bothwell Craig - I should have enough for you three. I'll check it out when I get to work on Monday and I'll PM you the details.

Mick Miller - I've PM'd you my work email so that you can send me the images - at least I can prepare them for the laser while I await material.

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
They are brilliant and I am very interested in a set of these stamps but very naive as to how to use them.
Are the impressions made in wet or dry leather ? How do you apply the pressure to create the impression ? I know that with metal stamps you can use a mallet or hammer. What are the stamps made of. I will also send you an e mail as I have another scouting design that i wonder if you can make.

Dave

T

The Hoff

These stamps look fantastic - I would be very interested in acquiring a set.
But may I ask would you be interested in creating a new stamp? My scout group are celebrating the 80th Anniversary and it would be good to discuss the viability of a similar stamp but personalised to our scout group. Would this be something you would be interested in?

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Gents, is there a tutorial somewhere to make these stamps by yourself?

Is it just handywork (if so - brilliant job!) or is there some kind of laser cutting involved?

Thanks,

Thijs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE