Card disk cutter / wad punch recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I tend to think anything cutting onto another surface is not designed for large amounts of cutting. With wad punches I find a fair bit of force is needed to slice into the sacrificial surface to get a clean cut in the material I'm cutting.

Anyway, I've now found a video of a proper 12g punch which is useful to see the cutting punch and the holder. I would be tempted to just buy one if they were available in the UK but at least it gives me a few ideas of what I could make.

Here's a video if anyone is interested. https://www.thereloadersnetwork.com...ell-filler-wad-overshot-card-punch-completed/

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
... I find a fair bit of force is needed to slice into the sacrificial surface to get a clean cut in the material I'm cutting.
Which is why industrial die cutting of sheet materials tends to use polyprope boards. I have a few - sadly, they're cheaper for companies to buy new than resurface when they get too scarred.

I like the dedicated punch - if you've got a press already then I'd try to get one imported.

The other option would be to have a local machinist make one up, but that would probably be costly as a one-off.

Reactions: slowworm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE