Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gailainne

Life Member
Hmmm

The river is suppose to be hootching with American Crayfish especially the East end of Loch Earn. We're not that close, but not that far away either :cool: I have a few lobster nets I may bring along just on the off chance ;)

BTW is it worthwhile bringing along a bow or air rifle ? or are they not allowed. Not for game I hasten to add, just plinking at targets.

Stephen

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just home, covered in mud (as usual :rolleyes: :D ) Brilliant site and excellent people :approve: I'm only muddy 'cos I was clambering around the burns, and condensation was a problem in the tents. It's cold, don't cook in the tents :rolleyes: Even the propane cylinders were struggling, they were covered in ice as they burned :eek:

The intention is to set up a parachute in the 'camping field' and use that as a social hub, with a big firebowl for heat, cooking and bushcraft tv :) Camping is possible in the field or in the birch wood behind and up the hill..........in fact all the way up the hill if you chose. There's a mill pond up there too if anyone is keen, but no fishes methinks.

Fees are £6 a night for anyone over 14 and half that for over (can't recall over 5 or over 7 :eek: , sorry) Friday and Saturday nights are considered the weekend and are charged at £7 for adults and £4 for youngsters.

There is firewood available for use, please don't take from the birch wood though, they're leaving that stuff for habitats, but further up the hill there's plenty. It will need carried and cut though, so if you have some available, or charcoal you can spare, please bring it with you.

The site is

http://www.comriecroft.co.uk

and if you are using Tomtom or the like it takes you right to their road end :approve:

The site is on the OS maps as Braincroft, look along the road between Crieff and Comrie.

I did take photos but HWMBLT is complaining they're blurry :eek:

I got up this morning to find six pheasants, three rabbits and two grey squirrels pottering around outside my tent......no idea about bows or airguns........you could phone and ask, speak to George or Andrew probably best advice. On balance probably not, 'cos I don't think their insurances will cover for that kind of activity.

cheers,
Toddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i dunno if i'll camp but i'd certainly like to come up for a day, maybe the saturday. I love the place (my dad was born on a farm across the road).

by the way, for those without cars, the citylink to oban from perth goes past the road end as does the perth-comrie stagecoach.

i've still got your turpentine toddy, i'll try to remember to bring it.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I'm hoping to drop in on the Friday 2nd Jan and leave on the Sunday. Though I live and work in the area so I might drop in before then.

Although I have shooting permission nearby it doesn't allow me to take guests. But if anyone was keen to do some shooting we could scoot off to Auchterhouse or Cluny and shoot some clays. I have been given a lot of cartridges that need using up.:)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi Doc its been years scince ive shot with a shotgun I use to love shooting the rabbit clays great fun :D
I use to shoot a 308 for a while that was cool to now ive got nowt :(

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Cluny certainly have a 'bolting rabbit' as part of their sporting layout. As you say it is great fun, especially as the clays bounce a bit...

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
damm work pc banning the forum :(

anyway i plan to be there from the friday to the sunday :) then back to work on monday :(

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Locum, i'm traveling up from falkirk likely for the saturday save you getting the bus if you want a lift?

Doc any clays on the go count me in, is cluny open on sat???

Toddy, i do have excess fireworks left from bonfire night, whas your thoughts, would they let us set some off at dark o'clock???

BossCat

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2008
Scotland
All you Guys n Gals that are going remember to take tons of photo's for us all to have a look see.

A wee toast to all members for the night in question.

Here's to your blood your very good blood & Here's to your health your very good health.
If you dont have good blood you dont have good health, so here's to your bloody good health.

Have a great time :D

Tom

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Locum, i'm traveling up from falkirk likely for the saturday save you getting the bus if you want a lift?

hi johnny,

thanks for the kind offer. If i go up it will just be for the day on Saturday and hopefully I'll have the car. If things change I'll give you a shout.

Ta

Rob

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Don't think I am going to be able to make this meet, sadly. Car needs new engine fitting and don't want to go so far until it is tried and tested. Next year perhaps, as it is something I would really like to do and time is running out.
Hope you all have a good time. I know 2 people will be really toasty, woods man and Graham S.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
ive a night oot in stirling tomorrow and staying there so not to far to travel the next day drag myself along for noon ish hangover permitting.

so just ask for the bushcrafters spot and if no one else is there pick a good spot and setup ? or is there a spot you've got eyed up toddy for bushcraftin ?

ill raid aldi for some merino wool thermals on the way and some cheap booze and weird meats for communal consumption.

stoo.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
ive a night oot in stirling tomorrow and staying there so not to far to travel the next day drag myself along for noon ish hangover permitting.

so just ask for the bushcrafters spot and if no one else is there pick a good spot and setup ? or is there a spot you've got eyed up toddy for bushcraftin ?

ill raid aldi for some merino wool thermals on the way and some cheap booze and weird meats for communal consumption.

stoo.

the meat and booze for consumption not the thermals, for clarification :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE