Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I doubt kids will be a problem,
It's a great site for them,
As for workshops, It's unlikely any formal ones will be on, but as always, if there is something you want to know how to do, chances are good that someone will know how to do it and will be more than willing to teach you whatever they know on the subject.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a, " Come A' Ye " :D
It's New Year, it's a time for friendship and warm fires and good company.........and I can get an entire dressed-out-ready-to-cook deer for £40........how do you all fancy venison for New Year's dinner ? Probably get goose too.

No workshops planned but knowing us, it'll be show off the new shinies, and everyone happy to show or explain how to do something. Just ask and someone's bound to know.

Children ? no worries, but I would ask kindly that it's acceptable that bedtime is at a reasonable hour so that 'adult' conversation can flow with the cratur without worrying about offending parental ears.

Does this seem right to folk ?
Anyone have any problems that we can sort out now ?

Oh, and if me and the girls are wearing arisaids, I expect at least some of you in kilts ;) :D

atb,
Toddy

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
just got the pm, so thanks toddy.

as asked any links to the site as i fancy a wee travel up for the weekend or worst comes a long overnighter :(

would be there as a newbie so be nice please:p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Soak them in a cold water bath with extra fabric conditioner.........kind of makes the wool shower proof again :D
We do it to our arisaids, and they're safe around open fires too. :cool:
Kilts are damned expensive though.

cheers,
M

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
I'll see what I can do; I'd be kipping in a hammock, so need some trees.
A kilt might be managed :)
kiltseat.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Someone mentioned workshops and I've been thinking about it.........is there anything in particular that folks would like to have a go at ?

cheers,
M

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Yes Toddy,is anyone a dab hand at the bow drill.
Id love to see it work inthe flesh as all i can make is smoke.
Soloman.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Russ !!!

:D
He even managed it mostly one handed, since the other was plastered up in steristrips and micropore, while we were at the Moot.

I'll certainly bring along a set up and some bits and pieces to try out. Ought to be lots of Fomes that'll be boiled after this weekend.

If Match comes too then we're really well sorted, he even managed the firedrill :eek:

cheers,
M

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I'd love to come when, I don't know. I'm moving up to Perth permanently on 01 Dec and taking up a new job and would really like to come, meet some people and get out in the local countryside. I expect to be doing Christmas/NY cover but am not too sure. One completely bone question is does the site have mobile coverage? If I'm on call I'll have to have a phone with me. I'd love to do the bells in the outdoors and can hammock, or tent

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'd love to come when, I don't know. I'm moving up to Perth permanently on 01 Dec and taking up a new job and would really like to come, meet some people and get out in the local countryside. I expect to be doing Christmas/NY cover but am not too sure. One completely bone question is does the site have mobile coverage? If I'm on call I'll have to have a phone with me. I'd love to do the bells in the outdoors and can hammock, or tent

We'd be delighted to see you, and the site has excellent mobile phone coverage, well from the camping field it did.

cheers,
M

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Ok I'm looking to visit a friend in Perth over the Christmas / new year can you say where the site is? and how would I book the bunkhouse (for the wife and youngest) my self and pos the eldest would hammock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE