Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
ive a night oot in stirling tomorrow and staying there so not to far to travel the next day drag myself along for noon ish hangover permitting.

so just ask for the bushcrafters spot and if no one else is there pick a good spot and setup ? or is there a spot you've got eyed up toddy for bushcraftin ?

ill raid aldi for some merino wool thermals on the way and some cheap booze and weird meats for communal consumption.

stoo.

They know we're coming, and the folks are friendly. George is the man mostly responsible for the camping aspect of the croft.

The idea is to use the 'camping field' as the set up for the parachute and biggish tents, first come first served really, but the whole woodland above is available for pitching or tieing hammocks onto. There are specific pitch sites marked out through the lower woodlands; just beware fast travelling mountain bikers :eek: :rolleyes:

Russ and some others are expecting to be on site on Monday too, so there'll be company.....they could probably do with a hand cutting, trimming and bringing down the poles for the new chute.....I haven't even seen it up yet :)

atb,
M

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I was today setting up the campfire tent for people to get a look at and for Warthog1981 to use for storage as well as his other two tents :rolleyes:

Warthog1981 and Stoboy where there when I left. I will be up at some point later in the week to collect the tent and possibly for an overnight.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cheers John, I want a look at the Baker tent, and Graham is bringing Wanderinstar's cocoon thing for the hammock too.

The weather report says that it's -10 oC up there tonight :eek: :D

I'm going up on Wednesday morning with Trishbo, hope to see you all there.

cheers,
M

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I live only 5 miles away, and it's minus 1 so far and getting colder.

I'll be passing the place on my rounds tomorrow morning - if i get time I will drop in.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi all,

I'll be there from early Wed to Sunday morning. Looking forward to it and the weathers looking great too!! Cold n crisp! See you all then.

Vince

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
The Missus and I will drop by for a few hours, probably Friday or Saturday. Have the tea on for us.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I,ll be there from the Monday to right through :D

cheers Russ

Well Things didn't go according to plan for me I arrived on Monday and got my self set up

PC290003.jpg

The blue tent is my normal tent that I use and I was given the back green one for a Christmas present from a friend so I thought Id take it along and use it for storage.
I ended up sleeping in the green one and using the blue one for storing kit in ;)

And Magikelly turned up with the campfire tent to get my opinions on it :D
So I ended up with three tents to myself :D

PC290006.jpg

View from up the hill :D

PC300012.jpg

Got the parachute up looks good :D

PC290007.jpg

The Two Stuarts worked extremely hard during the meet the will tell you themselves when the get online the fire wood was miles up hill but everyone grafted well :D

PC290008.jpg

Flame grilled burgers anyone ;)

PC300010.jpg

The Morning View

PC300014.jpg

would you say it was cold ?

Everything was going so well camp set up everyone working very hard getting fire wood and cutting it when on Wednesday just before lunch time I did something monumentally stupid when cutting fire wood :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I cut myself with my New axe I,ll put a picture up on another post
So after plugging up the hole I ended up in Perth hospital for New Year
I managed to cut two tendons to my middle toes and put a healthy gash in the front of my left ankle oh and I cut a sliver off my bone off with the axe to :puppy_dog

And im normally very safe with sharps :puppy_dog

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Warning axe wound second picture down

P1010018.jpg

My hospital bed

PC300016.jpg

And this time its worse than it looks

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You know those chain mail gloves slaughtermen use ? I reckon I know a man who could make chain maile for you Russ :D .........Looks like it'd only be needed just for the left hand side though it seems :rolleyes:

Get well soon. :)
:grouphug:
M

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Now thats a topper.
Realy sorry i missed the meet but laid up with my meniers a couple of times and could not risk going.
Next to that russ i feel like a right wimp.
Hope you recover quick and are out and about soon.
Regards steve.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
You know those chain mail gloves slaughtermen use ? I reckon I know a man who could make chain maile for you Russ :D .........Looks like it'd only be needed just for the left hand side though it seems :rolleyes:

Get well soon. :)
:grouphug:
M

Thats funny Marry I was talking about chain mail Round the fire when you were taking down my tents ;)

Anyway its better that its me I'm the best patient cool and calm ;)

Cheers Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE