Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Yes Toddy,is anyone a dab hand at the bow drill.
Id love to see it work inthe flesh as all i can make is smoke.
Soloman.

I,ll bring stuff up for making up bow drill sets for people to play with and take away with them :D

cheers Russ

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sorry I don't have a kilt. Would a plaid do??:)

Well, duh ! :rolleyes: :D
That's even better...........and you could help me belt other folks into some I'll bring along too ;) :cool:

First time most of you will be able to use proper sharps with your national dress............here we go, a whole new range of shinies to show off :D
sgian dubh, sgian ochlas, dirks..........maybe a no on the claymores though..........welllllll, y'know.............

atb,
M

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I can run you through basic sharpening. Might not be the best weather for waterstones, they can shatter if it gets down to freezing.

woods_man

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Clydebank
Hi hope to make it, not used my hammock in winter dont have an under blanket so might sleep in the bunkhouse if thats ok, dose any one have a link for the place?

peter..
woods_man

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I am sorely tempted to come up to this one. Has a date been sorted out yet as I would really fancy a true Scottish Hogmany.
Woodsman, you should have your Coccoon by then, so you won't need the bunkhouse.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
PM sent.

We haven't posted details on the thread yet because we haven't booked until we saw what sort of response we were likely to get.
I intend to let things run for this weekend and then add up numbers and contact the site.

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. I've re-opened the poll, could folks who would like to come but haven't yet voted, please do so.
Thanks. M

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Didn't see this thread until now...was thinking of heading off camping for new year so with this running I'll probably be along...just not sure what date...probably from the 31st to the 4th.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE