Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
A while ago I was talking to GrahamS and he happened to mention the idea of a New Year meet up which sounded a great idea , so a few of us have been talking about this for a while now :D .
Now were starting to look into making it a reality we need to find out if anybody would be interested in coming along ? Its in Perthshire
The site were trying to book is excellent and we have Graham and Katy to thank for finding it.

The site consists of woodland pitches, open fire spaces, a bunkhouse suitable for families, a camping field, really good loos, great hot showers, waste recycling, v.small shop,..........camping at well under a tenner a night.
And there's a hall we could possibly book to :D

Our thoughts we to put up a parachute in the field for a main meeting place with our fire bowl under it as usual. People are welcome to camp in the field or the wood or if its getting to cold for some there's the bunkhouse to :D

Before we go a head and book the site we really need to get some idea of who would like to come , when you would like to come and for how long ?

cheers Russ :D

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I would be interested depending on dates, if its the comrie site ive heard graham mention then I can recomend the hogmanay procession they do through the village streets as an incentive to people who might want to come from englandshire to see the scottish hogmany. not sure how far a walk the campsite is from the village.

Ive got plans for hogmanay myself, ill need to double check my holiday entitlement and what days the work is shutdown before i can put any more firm dates down, does it have to be a weekend?

maybe make a poll out of it with a couple of dates for peeps to choose from?

Stoo.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hogmanay is the Wednesday and the Ne'erday is the Thursday, can't see many folk back to work on the Friday so that leads to a very long weekend.

I'll be delighted to go help set up, need to be home for the bells but can come back up on Ne'erday for a couple of days :D

cheers,
Toddy

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Where is it Perth ?? that's 160 miles down the road.:(

I have friends coming up at new year so thats out for me anyway.:1244:

Now if it was closer ????????;)

I better watch what I am saying otherwise someone will tell me to organise my own.:tapedshut

MickT

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
oh great another event to try and work around, there is Morch's one, now this one and now i have an invite to the French Alps, Stockholm and Budapest and to cap it all of i may have to work over the entire festive period.

AARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can we not just make NYE on the 4th :p (i will get my coat)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Where is it Perth ?? that's 160 miles down the road.:(

I have friends coming up at new year so thats out for me anyway.:1244:

Now if it was closer ????????;)

I better watch what I am saying otherwise someone will tell me to organise my own.:tapedshut

MickT

Well.........what are you waiting for ? We'll travel up for a jaunt, just find a site :D

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'd be interested but I'll most likely be on duty 31st & 1st but after that should be ok provisionaly for 2 maybe 3 days. How far away is the parking from the pitch sites Russ?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
there is a dirt track that goes through the geographical middle of the wild camping area.
you can drive up with care and drop off your stuff.
Parking is beside the main building it's a few minutes walk up a woodland track to pretty much anywhere on site.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Im off for the full two weeks but cant leave wife and beasts untill the friday but ill be there if your still there the weekend.
Soloman.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Going through some potential changes at work and my plans for the next couple of months are subject to those potential changes (cryptic i know but cant go into specifics) - anyway I would be up for it but will depend on work and the wife :)

tom

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Bothyman, how north are you and are you East or West?

Once I've had my feet under the table a while will look in to having a small meet hear...

Could manage one or two any time if any one wants to help reccy the area :D

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Cameron and I could well be up for it. Val won't let me loose until the Friday though so it'll probably be for the weekend. I'll watch this thread with interest though. (I might even have my new bagpipes by then).

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE