Scottish New Year Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates would you prefer to come along ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, the poll has only just closed and I contacted the site today. We're inclined to be kind of laid back up here. We all know when the New Year is, we all now know where the site is, and we know that round about that time there will be like minded people about there :D

When the site owners get back to me, and we've had a wee talk about things like parachutes and firewood and prices and the like, then I'll post further details.
In the meantime, I expect there will be a presence on site from the Monday night right through to the next Monday night.

Personally I expect to be on site from Hogmanay through the weekend, and I'm looking forward to it :D

atb,
Toddy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hi ho,

Could I get the address please?
It's unlikely that I'll make it but just on the offchance...

Cheers,
:)
Josh

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Ta Russ,

Dubious would maybe be a better word than unlikely. I may well show up at the weekend(hope to) but know all too well how vague plans for that weekend of the year can end up. :rolleyes:

Nice looking place. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay :D

Things are good to go :D

I'll confirm site fees and the like early next week but basically £6 per night and maybe a share of the cost of the parachute pitch.......oh and I've ordered a deer........no idea what will turn up, might be roe, might be sika :dunno: we can have it butchered, or gralloched if some folks want a go at the hide, but you can have venison for your New Year's dinner :cool: Works out at well under £ a pound.

If folks want to come, and book a pitch for woodland tents, katas or the like will they please contact the site directly.
Tell them you are with the bushcraft group and they'll know what you mean :)

cheers,
Toddy

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Could someone pm me site details and phone no. etc?

Still don't know for sure but i'd love to be there.

Tom.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Toddy

When can we start to turn up ? date wise. Not that I'm anxious or anything :eek: :sulkoff:

I'll hopefully have some new gear from a homegear maker in the US to try out.

Regards

Stephen

I've said that I expect folks to arrive from the Monday onwards and they seem quite happy with that :D and I don't think there'd be any issues about folks going earlier if they wanted to. The area is beautiful; great to chillout or do the whole walking/ climbing/ christmas villagey thing.

atb,
M

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Okay :D

Things are good to go :D

I'll confirm site fees and the like early next week but basically £6 per night and maybe a share of the cost of the parachute pitch.......oh and I've ordered a deer........no idea what will turn up, might be roe, might be sika :dunno: we can have it butchered, or gralloched if some folks want a go at the hide, but you can have venison for your New Year's dinner :cool: Works out at well under £ a pound.

Looking forward to it Toddy. :D

If folks want to come, and book a pitch for woodland tents, katas or the like will they please contact the site directly.
Tell them you are with the bushcraft group and they'll know what you mean :)

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but does this mean we all have to book separately or that you only have to book in advance if you need a specific pitch for a big tent, lavvu etc?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry, should have made that clear.:eek:
Really for specific pitches or lavus, but since they'll take fees from us individually, it might be easiest if you know when you're going to be there, just to book in advance.

It's the New Year, we all know things get kind of fluid :rolleyes: :D times and appointments don't always go to plan ;) So long as we're all of a mind to chill out and welcome it in right, then it ought to be good :approve:

I think I've got firewood sorted out, might need labour and some effort to prep however.
Russ, :notworthy , has agreed to see what can be done about parachute poles this weekend :approve: I think the new chute needs 7m ones :eek: I bought it from Timboggle knowing that we'd most likely need it for this Meet, since mine is a bit on the small side for more than maybe a dozen folks.

atb,
M

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Excellent good man :D

Your no the only one im looking forward to this more than Christmas ;)

It strikes me as the best way to bring the New Year :D

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
This meet for New Year is getting better and better with the sound of all that gorgeous food. I'm happy to help butcher the venison if it's not already done, done it couple times now. Love cooking too so more than willing to help out. I'll see what I can bring along for the pot.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Can someone PM the site details please I still have no idea where it is, I'm hoping to get a couple of days there, maybe even a third if luck favours. Also can we get a car into where we set up the tents, even just for unloading or do we need to carry in, this makes a big difference for me as to what to bring.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Just been looking at whats happening in Comrie for Hogmany...if anyone wants to see click here http://www.riversidecabins.co.uk/local-attractions/comrie-new-year-flambeu.htm Looks great!! and not that far to go either if folks want to...then back to the site for a party!!! :D :lmao: :1244:

ive been to that procession twice before and can recommend it. ill try and get down for a few days before hogmany prob mon and tues night i think, cant recall what i voted for now :eek: but think it was for the days after but im usually to drunk after hogmany to be safe to drive for a few days and had plans prior for the big night, be good just to get a bit of calm between xmas and new year.

how many folks are intending on arriving on the monday ? dont want to be the only one there like :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE