Scottish Meet Up!! - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
I can make it if that is ok with you all. If it is, i'll possibly be bringing my 2 boys (11 & 14). I'm afraid i can't offer any help towards teaching anyone else bushcrafty skills, but i will be travelling from Kirkby Stephen in Cumbria via Newcastle (to pick up the boys) so if i can give anyone a lift i'd be glad too. I'll bring a couple of take down recurve bows if that will help.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got a problem; :( It's the same weekend as the Bannockburn re-enactment and Bowsayer & Varibo are definitely going to that, and I'm supposed to be doing costumes for it too ( 'tiring wife things) We might manage to get to Achray on Sunday evening, and, *if* we're organised ( :eek: :eek: ) might manage Friday afternoon and leave very early Saturday morning.
I've got a couple of slalom canoe buoyancy vests and helmets if they're of any use John?

Toddy

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Site is now provisionally booked. I forgot to say there is a charge of £0.75 per person per night. I am sure we can cover that one way or another.

Fishing is allowed in Loch Achrie but you should get a permit. Of course I happen to know when the wardens are coming round.......................so ;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hiya,
OK if I pop along too?
I'll probably work on a longbow. I've got a tri-lam floor tillered which I'm scared to go any further with for fear of trashing it. Having someone with a bit of experience around would probably see it finished in a jiffy.

Can throw a pair of kayaks(inflatables), a couple of modern recurves and about four dozen arrows into the pot, and arrow making gear to add to Eric's.

Will gather some green Hazel shoots and bring the stone tool kit. Debarking shoots for shafts is a good campfire job. I have plenty sinew and head material to go round but am out of feathers. Pheasant season starts soon doesn't it? Must ask around this year.
My knapping is pretty poor, but making heads from flakes(and chisel-type points) is not difficult. I'll bring along some lumps of pitchstone and various impliments of destruction for anyone who fancies giving it a shot.

Sheath making Eric? Your timing is impeccable, my old sheath started falling to bits last week. Sign me up for that one. :)
Josh

Toddy, I'm embarressed to say it but I don't have any safety gear to go with the kayaks :eek: . Extra gear would be much appreciated.

P.S. I've got four of those walkie-talkies Doc, will bring them along.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Argh! You had to choose the first weekend I've returned home to Scotland this year, when I'm already committed to going camping somewhere else :(

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Is anyone bringing sharpening stones? I need to find out more about this. Will I need a net for my hammock? It'll be its first outing.
Which kind of malt should I bring? Islay or Jura?
George :)

MagiKelly

Okay I have to confirm provisional numbers on the boking form so is this about right?

Me and wains
Toddy
Eric possably with grandchild
Doc with Ross & Andrew
Big Geordie
JFW maybe with wains depending if wife is pushing or not.
JohnC & Son
Grooveski
Sandbender
Morch & two children
tommywidenflycht

So that is about 20 with a few possables (Tant & jamesoconnor). Ther is no problem with more people putting their names down. I just need to get a feel for numbers for the booking form

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
woo-hoo! i'm going twice :D
i'll try to bring some IMS with me. it all depends on whether i can find a suitable container as the drum won't fit in my car.
and tommy, you're more than welcome. it'll be good to see you again.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
hi all,
would i be able to come up? im commited to helping my wife out with something during the day on saturday but i could come up in the evening if its ok with you all? i live in the southside of glasgow so im not too far away from there. also i know exactly where it is as my landscape photography takes me up there alot, and the place is gorgeous.

regards
james

MagiKelly

jamesoconnor said:
hi all,
would i be able to come up? im commited to helping my wife out with something during the day on saturday but i could come up in the evening if its ok with you all? i live in the southside of glasgow so im not too far away from there. also i know exactly where it is as my landscape photography takes me up there alot, and the place is gorgeous.

regards
james

James, you and anyone else is welcome for whatever days they can make. All I ask is that anyone that is planning on coming posts here to say that they are coming just so we can keep track of everyone expected.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
MagiKelly said:
James, you and anyone else is welcome for whatever days they can make. All I ask is that anyone that is planning on coming posts here to say that they are coming just so we can keep track of everyone expected.

thanks. i will definetly come along then on saturday night to the meet.

regards
james

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Is it OK to arrive around 8PM Friday evening? I'd like to drive there directly after work.

I just ordered some Spyderco bench stones and profile stones which I will bring along if they arrive before the 17th Sept (backordered).

And sheathmaking sounds perfect, I missed it on the bushmoot because I was flintknapping.

/Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE