Sas black & green mountain windproof parka smock jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
As far as the sizes go, the first one refers to height in centimetres, the second refers to chest in centimetres. I'm not too sure about 180/96 being small (I'm 5'7 and use 170/96) and the 180/120 being extra large (except in the chest).

Claudiasboris

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hey if it wasn't for the fact that I have the excellent SASS smock in my posession I wouldn't hesitate for a single second to snap one of these up!

Glosfisher

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2007
Cotswolds
I have one of these (though from a different seller) and I can thoroughly recommend it. An excellent windproof layer that goes over the top of everything else and has lots of pockets. When I'm doing fieldwork in the winter, this is my go-to shell when it's not raining and it's normally worn with either a heavy Herlly fleece or a primaloft jacket under. I've added wire to the hood to make it more useful.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I have one identical to this! :(
same lable same stitching same buttons everything!
but green, Caution!

I've not really tested it at all!
I've had to re-stitch pockets,
It is NOT the same as an SAS/Arctic wind proof by any stretch of the imagination!!
a very, very, poor copy! :nono:

Last edited:

deepforest2501

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2007
Northern Ireland
Check my comment on similar thread today, they are ok, not brilliant but they do they job. Get a good needle and thread and cuffs for the wrist. Holds wind off well but not of genuine smock standard. Hope this helps. PS this is the supplier I bought off. Fair price and I wear it a lot.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
As I needed something a tad larger in size than these things come in I went for the Jack Pyke version in woodland oak and it comes with a very handy waterproof flap at the back which can be used as a poachers pocket or unzipped completely and the flap drops down and is used as a very dry comfortable and warm padded sit mat. Waterproof and warm, soft to the touch and quiet. I can highly recommend them. Have a look before you choose. Alittle more expensive but a little more utility features so worth a glance.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
ive just ordered myself one of these,

lrgscalemil-tec_smock_black_1.jpg

http://www.military1st.co.uk/produc...coats-parka/11612002-mil-tec-smock-black.html

not waterproof like the artkis, but windproof, plenty of pockets and easy enough to treat, also got some memeory foam knocking around here from my bike days, am going to chop it down for the elbow pad pockets... not because i need them for sniper purposes, but because im getting old and like a bit of softness where i can get it :p

really really want a ventile double layer smock, but cant afford/justify the £200-£300 to get one :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE