Response Pak show and tell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I feel I need to step in here as this seems to be getting out of hand.

spamel has contacted us at Snugpak and we in talks via email, we will make a post concerning the outcome of this as soon as possible.

Stewart
Snugpak

Hi Stewart,

not sure how you can view one member of this forum encouraging another member of this forum to arrive at a conclusion that works for both parties as being "out of hand", however, glad to hear you are discussing this with Spamel.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Thanks for all the concern, but as Stewart has replied via email it looks like we are going to come to some sort of arrangement. I will not speak for Stewart as I feel he has the right to explain his side of the story, let's just say that I am flattered that my picture was used but permission would have been nice. The exchange of emails so far has been calm and friendly which is the way I see it continuing, to be honest I would like for my picture to stay up as I feel it is a pretty good shot of the ResponsePak in an outdoors environment where it should be.

I am considering my options at present, but rest assured I will keep you all posted to the outcome.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Thanks for all the concern, but as Stewart has replied via email it looks like we are going to come to some sort of arrangement. I will not speak for Stewart as I feel he has the right to explain his side of the story, let's just say that I am flattered that my picture was used but permission would have been nice. The exchange of emails so far has been calm and friendly which is the way I see it continuing, to be honest I would like for my picture to stay up as I feel it is a pretty good shot of the ResponsePak in an outdoors environment where it should be.

I am considering my options at present, but rest assured I will keep you all posted to the outcome.

Quite right Spam,

I'd be chuffed knowing one of my pics was used on the site - plus a few bits of free Snugpak kit as they show their appreciation would seal the deal ;)

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
What a fascinating thread. Set a few ideas off - old camera bag upstairs that could go in the car, other bits of kit around that need to be amalgamated. Well done for starting the thread and to everyone who posted their ideas and thoughts.

D

Deleted 70

I never meant anything by my comments other than to let everyone know we had been contacted and emails had been exchanged, and things are being sorted. (all in a nice way, as spamel said)

And for the people that know me well on here know that this would never be my intention.

I am not at work at moment, well I guess you can all guess that by the time I am posting :) so once I am back in work I will have a chance to catch up with this.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have made my own bag up by joining a small shoulder bag and a bumbag with added attachment straps
Its not a hugely attractive thing but it works
The problem I was having was carrying water, so at the moment I have simply clipped on a Dutch issue water bottle using the pouch and clips it came with i havent actually used it for any distance yet so we shall see if its practical when out and about one evening this week
I also use one of those little flat folding hexi burners which i think are French in origin I got it in Oswald Bailley for £1
This frees up a huge amount of space within the bag so I am now trying to refine the basic kit I will carry in it
I suppose what i am saying is dont forget you can attach various pouches etc to enhance the functionality of a small bag/carry system
I like this kind of thread a lot !!!!

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Could be worth trying the shops you have to go through before you are allowed to leave a museum :rolleyes: , that is where I got my "planisphere"(star chart) from.

What about the Natural/Nature shop or the works?

Could not see me traveling with just one of these but like the grab bag idea a lot.

Any got any recommendations for good UK suppliers?

Really like the look of their Rocket pack as well, so hand needs to go in pocket again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE