Repairing Army Bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
Hi guys.

There's a strip of tape covering the central seam in my army bivi thats started to peel off, I'm just wondering whats a good solution to fix it...

Just some tent seam tape?!

Cheers :240:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
mine was coming of when i bought it, it annoyed me so I pulled the rest off, after getting through a few downpours the tape doesn't seem to make much difference to the waterproofing, as it's stuck on non-waterproof and porous nylon webbing material. it's the rubbery seam sealant stuff that's the important bit.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
mine was coming of when i bought it, it annoyed me so I pulled the rest off, after getting through a few downpours the tape doesn't seem to make much difference to the waterproofing, as it's stuck on non-waterproof and porous nylon webbing material. it's the rubbery seam sealant stuff that's the important bit.

I think mine is different...or my eyes are failing me!!!

I've ordered some seam tape for another project anyway so will just bang that on for good measure :D :D :D

Thanks for all thee help guys!! :240:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
lol your eye's may be deceiving you...
I have 4 issue Bashas bought separately but all genuine(MoD shelter sheet Desert and Temperate versions), all have a thick rubbery (see-through)seam sealant type gunk on the main seam, the opposite side to the tape that seems to fall off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE