Recommend some wellies please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr. F

May 2, 2012
Coaley, Gloucestershire
Hi there,

I'm in need of some new wellies.

Ideally for extended use and that are comfortable in all weather.

I've had a pair of Hunters, which I thought were awful (cold, no grip in the mud and didn't last well). I've tried some heavy duty Dunlop ones which were really uncomfortable. Aswell as some others.

Any recommendations please? Looking at around the £50 mark or hitting it lucky on eBay for a more expensive pair.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im sick of going trouhg wellies. So just bought some standard barbours this time for the UK. Will see how they go.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Its starting to get a bit warm for them now, but i live in muck boots all day every day through the winter

Just dont get the 'off road' super grippy tread pattern ones if you want to stay upright on a wet concrete yard

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I just about gave up with wellies, in the end I was going to get a cheap pair and chop the top off. The trouble is, my calves are 50cm (19.5 inches) without trousers! I did manage to get a cheap pair of Dunlop ones which are quite short; every time I went for a pair of Gardener Hunters, they were out of stock at the garden centre.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Mine are 46cm.(just measured them :D).. and the seelands have room for mine with plenty to spare. :)

I just about gave up with wellies, in the end I was going to get a cheap pair and chop the top off. The trouble is, my calves are 50cm (19.5 inches) without trousers! I did manage to get a cheap pair of Dunlop ones which are quite short; every time I went for a pair of Gardener Hunters, they were out of stock at the garden centre.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Or treat yourself to aair of Nokia bogtrotters which stop below the calf, are studded on the sole and are the dogs whatsits.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
My wife and I have Aigle Parcours 2 Vario wellies. Clicky. These are great boots for walking. Really warm and grippy.

parcours-2-vari_0C88EE7C_large.jpg

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Another bump for the aigle parcours! Had mine 5 years and love them. Probably wear them daily, even if it's just walking the dogs. Can use them to work the farm, stand on a shoot peg all day or yomp through the woods in them. You won't regret buying a pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm liking some Neoprene topped wellies I got from Aldi last year, didn't cost much and fit my wide feet a treat.

Pretty good to walk in too with the flexy top.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Just noticed your price limit of £50. You won't get a pair of new Aigle Parcours for that, I'm afraid. That said, there's a pair of the neoprene-lined version on the bay at the moment (size 10.5). Current bid is £10, with 6 days to go.....

Clicky.

I suspect they will end up going for a lot more but you never know your luck :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE