Reasonable multi-tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Also it was a bit rusty, so I don't think he loved it that much. Hence I'm not that inclined to replace it with new, despite having broken it.

Maybe, but he binned it.

Also it was a bit rusty, so I don't think he loved it that much. Hence I'm not that inclined to replace it with new, despite having broken it.
as he has not looked after the tool in question and gave it for you to use albeit in a very poor condition it can-not be your responsibility for replacement for when it broke,

it could be argued that he gave you the tool whereby any reasonable minded man would foresee the likely breakage to occur due to the rust and poor condition of said tool and used you to get a replacement tool

furthermore as he binned it [destroying any evidence] and not tried to get it replaced under warranty relinquishes your responsibility for replacement plus he can-not have any claim for damages

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
as he has not looked after the tool in question and gave it for you to use albeit in a very poor condition it can-not be your responsibility for replacement for when it broke,

it could be argued that he gave you the tool whereby any reasonable minded man would foresee the likely breakage to occur due to the rust and poor condition of said tool and used you to get a replacement tool

furthermore as he binned it [destroying any evidence] and not tried to get it replaced under warranty relinquishes your responsibility for replacement plus he can-not have any claim for damages
Firstly, I don't believe I was asking for a moral judgement on whether I should, or should not replace the tool. I was simply asking if anyone had something of reasonable quality they were willing to sell on for a price I was willing to pay, given the circumstances.

Secondly, you're casting aspersions about someone you've never met. Who happens to be a very good, and old friend. Therfore i should be cautious about making judgements about strangers and their friends.

Thirdly it is my choice, as one good friend to another, to replace the tool as a gesture of goodwill and friendship. He's already told me I don't need to replace it, but I would like to.

Fourthly there are a number of details and facts I have left out because this is a public forum. So to draw conclusions in public without the full facts at hand I think is foolhardy.

Thank you for your concern, and if I need legal advice I'll know where to look.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Break your friend's tool then not replace or offer to replace? If someone did that to me I'd have lost a multitool and a friend. I know the OP wasn't looking for a moral discussion but I'm shocked someone suggested you didn't have to replace. At least the OP is a decent person like most on here.

Never had a multitool only a victorinox cyber tool. My go to emergency tool when I need something and the proper tool isn't to hand.

Reactions: Brizzlebush and TLM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE