Reading Bushcraft Group???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
to bad you can't make this one pitkin, hope you can make it Jason got lots of shrooms to identify round the site i found some amethyst deceivers to day.
i think it's sad that more people don't get out round here .you and i have sorted out woods so that people can get out and practice there skills and learn to be more at home out doors . we have a Passion for bushcraft and want to make it available to every one, an opportunity to meet like minded people and share skills and knowledge.
it seems to me that out of the thousands of registered people on here very thew get out there and actually do bushcraft.:rant: :soapbox: :sigh:

OK.....OK.....You've convinced me.;)

Would this be the weekend of the 13/14 of oct if so I would love to come Mark, about time I did really.:D

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Mark, I was hoping to come over for all of Saturday, but I have an appointment in the early afternoon. I may try to come over for the later half of Saturday and overnight, or I will pop up again Sunday morning.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
to bad you can't make this one pitkin, hope you can make it Jason got lots of shrooms to identify round the site i found some amethyst deceivers to day.
i think it's sad that more people don't get out round here .you and i have sorted out woods so that people can get out and practice there skills and learn to be more at home out doors . we have a Passion for bushcraft and want to make it available to every one, an opportunity to meet like minded people and share skills and knowledge.
it seems to me that out of the thousands of registered people on here very thew get out there and actually do bushcraft.:rant: :soapbox: :sigh:
Ray mears watching. armchair sitting. all the gear and no idea .sad to say thats the way folk are, or is it that they are in love with the idea :confused:

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Whoops, I need to keep an eye on this thread :( I wouldn't have been able to make the whole weekend anyway, but dropping in to say hello would have been nice.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I did previously say its unlikely i'll be able to make it but I think I've managed to wangle it, so i'll be there. Prob sat late morning, early afternoon to sunday sometime

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I'd like to try making some cordage, nettle and spruce root possibly

Also, if there's any chance Mark, I'd like to have a go at making a small kuksa. Is there any wood about that I can use? And some pointers would be good

Would also like to get some tinder type fungi if poss, cramp ball and horse hoof etc

oh yeah, i'd like to try making pine pitch

i appreciate the list is long but thought it might be nice to get some ideas in ahead of the time. praying its not raining!!!!

oh yeah, i got a hex fly now so wanna try that out, along with my new bungees.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
Ben your going to be busy this weekend with all them things you want to do.

nettle cord,spruce roots,wood for kuksa, no problem but we will have to look quite hard to fined some cramp balls not got much ash round the site and as for tinder fungus Ive never found any round here but it don't hurt to look.
see you Saturday mate.

people coming this weekend so far.

me
mat
Ben
Andy
joker
Jason ( going to a DO )
Aaron
Jonathan w
litefoot

come on you lot there must be more of you out there. tell the wife your leaving her chuck your job in give the kids and pets to your neighbour and get out there.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi Mark,

Sorry I can't make it due to family commitments. Thank you for the invitation though and have a pleasant weekend.

Cheers.
Swyn.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
shame you cant make it Dave and swyn will catch you at the next one.
yes you can come to play Aaron.

mat i got a spare tarp but its not very big, all you need to keep warm in your hammock is a good sleeping bag and ground mat oh and maybe a bottle of whiskey.:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
not another missed weekend george you will have to let me know when your next free and I'll sort a meet just for you. :banghead:

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
I know it`s a bit late in the day,but can you squeeze me in this weekend,as it were.Delicate negotions with her indoors have been on going and have resulted in her being locked in the cellar until Sunday night;) this does now mean I can come out to play from early Saturday.If this is ok can you pm me with a postcode if poss and some directions for when I get nearby and your phone no. may be a good idea as well in case I get a bit stuck.
Regards Andy.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: Sorry cant make it this weekend got my dates mixed up got a do that me and jax have to go to.GUTTED:( :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE