Reading Bushcraft Group???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Well just got home.......What a really great weekend Thank you Mark.
And was really great meeting some new faces and of course seeing some old friends.

Thanx everyone for a great weekend.:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
cheers everyone for coming over this weekend . i hope you all had a good time .
it was good to see some new faces(Jon you now have a new study group to Analise, what with knife and door fetishes i think you could write a book on the mentality of bushcrafters):togo: :27:
Pete i hope your tarp was dry before you packed it or it might start to smell:lmao: was it the Left or right side that got wet

Jonathan W

Jan 9, 2007
Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire
Hi fellas. Thanks for a fab weekend, I really enjoyed myself and, perhaps more importantly, I learnt some stuff too. I hope to be invited to future events. A bit thanks and soggy hug to Mark for the invite, tha banock and the hospitality. If Pete could send me the details of his huge, massive, and impressive tarp, I'd be grateful. I've also read that the hamock underblanket has at last found a commercial supplier and will be available soon. That is good news.
Thanks again guys and I hope to see you again.
Jonathan (I really do need to come up with a more imaginative 'handle')

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
Cheers for the weekend Mark,enjoyed it no end.Just managed to get home before my left hand siezed up completly.Good to see some new (to me)people.
Regards Andy.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Was good to catch up guys and meet Andy and Jon too. Gutted I could only get down for the day again.

Mark the Amethyst's are drying out as I type, no idea if they will dry well or not. But will be interesting to try. Saw a couple of Parasols coming up on our way out, about 50m from that back gate on the right as you walk towards it, in the 'ditch' that runs along the track. Really good eating, beat up an egg and brush it over them and coat in toasted breadcrumbs and fry.

See you in a few weeks.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I forgot to say thank you to Mark for my knife strop he made me and for setting up the camp with the parachute, seats and removing the weekends rubbish.

Top man cheers mate:D

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Ditto on everything said so far!

Cheers for the strop Mark and setting up the weekend. Nice to meet more people, was a good meet. Been carving out a bit more of the kuksa last night while watching tv, got a really nice blister coming up on my right hand!

Meant to get a copper or two off you Mark, giving a knife without exchange of shrapnel is bad luck!

I've got some photos to post up, will do so when I get the chance

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Thanks for a great day out lads. Sorry I was stuck with day only, but at least I made it for more than an hour this time!!

It was nice to see some old faces, & meet new ones. Glad you found us Jon.

ATB
Matt

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Right - as promised, some pics of the last meet. Sorry its taken so long, just got back from the Lake District and uploaded all the photos at the same time

The communal set up
abc308.jpg

abc309.jpg

My set up

abc310.jpg

Some random shots from where I was perched during the day

abc311.jpg

abc312.jpg

abc313.jpg

abc314.jpg

abc318.jpg

Some evening shots

abc321.jpg

abc322.jpg

abc323.jpg

abc324.jpg

abc325.jpg

The next day

abc328.jpg

abc329.jpg

And some pics of my project – a kuksa

Having been split

abc315.jpg

abc316.jpg

The trimmed using my saw and axe

abc320.jpg

Following some whittling

abc327.jpg

And finished! It’s a bit rough but I like it like that, still haven’t used it!

abc391.jpg

abc392.jpg

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Wow - having looked at those I've realised how bad they are! Sorry, next time i'll try and be more steady, i guess its because its pretty dark there and the flash doesn't light much up so the exposure times are longer than usual

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
Ben cool pics BUT i think your camera is broken. it makes me look like a fat skinhead wearing green.:( :( :(

it's all right Ben your camera is working OK i just looked in the mirror:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Hey guys, I'm in Oxford at the mo so I should be able to pop over to the next meet. Got no kit here (isn't that what bushcraft is all about?) but would be good to get away from the academia for a while :22:.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
if your not up to much and need a break from the inlaws or screeming kids then i will be having a meet on the weekend between christmas and new year.:beerchug: :240:

pm me if your intrested as allways.:D

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE