Reading Bushcraft Group???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I'm totally gutted that I've got to bale out of this one :(

Things have come up that I can't really get out of. Have a good time all and see you again soon ;)

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another cracking weekend lads, big thank to Lupus for making it all possible and his wonderful inspriration for creativity. Thankyou to Jason for teaching us how to do a 'hangi'. Thankyou to Rod for showing us how to make a 'Bucksaw'. Great to meet Ratel 10mm and Newboy George, nice to see 3 Please as usual enjoyed your company and a big welcome to Stick our newest recruit hope you enjoyed yourself. Looking forward to the next one.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
thanks to everyone who made it to the meet i hope you all had a good time and learned some things. cheers Jon for the top quality food as always:You_Rock_ . it was good to see you all again especially Jason not seen you in ages mate.:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
anyone up for a mooch this weekend, i will be down the site from Friday night i know it's short notice but pm my by Friday midday and I'll sort out the details with you.:D

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Sorry mate, we'll be in Cardiff watching Oz v. Wales.

I did a bit of BC on the way home tonight. Wife dropped me in town to get my supper (kebab). Well, walkingthrough the park I found a Birch tree with a branch pulled off. So one rough fork later... :D
Oddly enough, not one passer-by raised an eyebrow at my whittling! And by the river there are quite a few passers by. Maybe peeps around here haven't heard of the dangerous knife wielding maniacs abroad in our towns? ;) :rolleyes:
Threw the rubbish in a bin, but kept the bag & scored some tinder on the way home. :)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
mark - great meet, thanks for arranging it and for doing the tree id

jason - nice to meet you finally, thanks for showing me how to use the bow drill

adam - great company again

got quite a few bits out of this weekend
another chance to use the hammock with some good setup pointers
practise axe skills a bit with some useful tips from mark
tree and plant id. sure i've forgotten it already!
bow drill, was superb
think that's it but most prob forgotten something

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
the next meet will be on the weekend of 13/14th October , i will be on site from Friday night .
pm me if your interested (as always).:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
is no one up for coming out next weekend? looks like it's just me and the legendary beast then.:( :( :( :werd: :nutkick:

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Mark, Thankyou for the invitation but its SWMBO's birthday on Thurs which means we be going out on Sat night. Did make a suggestion about candles on Bannock but it went down like Tick infested Henessey Hammock so I'll have to sit this one out. Could send Pizza's to woods on Sat night for you so that none of you starve. Hope you all have fun look forward to seeing you on the next one.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
to bad you can't make this one pitkin, hope you can make it Jason got lots of shrooms to identify round the site i found some amethyst deceivers to day.
i think it's sad that more people don't get out round here .you and i have sorted out woods so that people can get out and practice there skills and learn to be more at home out doors . we have a Passion for bushcraft and want to make it available to every one, an opportunity to meet like minded people and share skills and knowledge.
it seems to me that out of the thousands of registered people on here very thew get out there and actually do bushcraft.:rant: :soapbox: :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE