Rays Mears 1st show,World of Survival.Email the Beeb people!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Dunno about anyone else but out of all Mr Mears series i enjoyed his first the best,%99 sure it was called World of Survival,well as iam sure you know its not available on dvd.I recently emailed Woodlore to equire if there were plans to ever release the series,i received a reply saying that the BBC own the show and that it may be an idea to write to the Beeb and ask them if they have any plans to release it.This i did.Anyway ive not had a reply back as yet but i am sure i am not on my own who would like to see World of Survival again or Tracks for that matter so i figure the more that email the Beeb about this the greater our chances of getting it released on dvd. :)

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
"Tracks" is the one that most people over on BB would like to see. Again the Beeb don't seem in any hurry to release this, but I thought it an excellent series and was sorry I only caught a handful of programmes.

Richard

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
"World of Survival" is current being repeated on UK Documentary on Monday eveings, 8pm. You've already missed a few episodes though, including the Evenk one (the best IMHO).

PurpleHeath

Forager
Jan 5, 2005
West Sussex, England
i never really saw that much of 'Tracks' but from what i saw it was a great show! the beeb do keep on repeating 'World of Survival' becuase i think i have seen each one at least twice, but that was a few years ago!

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Maybe what we can do is someone writes a letter and posts it so it can be copy and paste on to an email just fill in your personal details before it’s sent. This would need to be sent to the same email address at the BBC? So that someone notices that it is the same letter with different email address from different people and that there is a lot of interest in these two programs being released?

Greenpeace do something similar called Cyberactivism .

Its not if were trying to rip off the BBC just trying to get something there is a demand for.

Just an idea.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
gregorach said:
"World of Survival" is current being repeated on UK Documentary on Monday eveings, 8pm. You've already missed a few episodes though, including the Evenk one (the best IMHO).

Bugger - it's "Extreme Survival" tonight. OK, but they ran that entire series twice about a month ago...

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Angus Og said:
Thanks for the link. Sent off an email asking for both programs to be released on DVD.
See what happens :rolleyes:
Top man Angus :)

Come on folks bang off those emails! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE