Human Nature - The problem with people.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Rather than going on letters of the Greek alphabet, my mother used to have a slightly quaint habit of asking herself "Would you go in their lifeboat?"

Very clever, I appreciate it works figuratively but in the literal sense, I have actually closed the door on a potential sea race due to unsure feelings over the skipper.. who was very confident in himself and had good history, but I didn't trust him....or perhaps I didn't see myself accepting his attitude which I deemed could be reckless.
I have been at sea with people I was happy to have my life in their hands, I trusted everything they did and they were damn good sailors and coxswains, they did their jobs rather than bolster their ego and they had histories of saving countless lives. Easy choice.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Would it be fair to say that we're living in a far more advanced world than we are advanced as the critturs we are...
I have no issue with being courteous, polite, well mannered, well behaved. I consider myself to be very well restrained, but I am awful at restrained confrontation... I would much much rather someone push in front of me at a supermarket, I tell them in no uncertain terms to jog on and it turn into either something physical or a heated exchange than feign the sort of polite niceties that we all have to do.... don't get me wrong, it's a bad example and I have no interest in a fight over who gets to self scan their **** first... but I hope my point comes across.

I recently had an interaction with someone I'd never spoken to before, they tried to barter with me over the price of something telling me that despite me offering various discounts (which I have to be careful with in order to maintain relationships elsewhere), that I should still offer more off... once I explained that was all I could do, they then stated very politely that they will pay me through a 3rd party that will cost them more but they know it'll cost me more overall.. So I politely said I'm sorry and that's fine... but then removed them from my system and their abilities to purchase anything from me.

What I actually wanted to say was probably a lot sterner...so it left me feeling quite angry inside... hence the vent on here I suppose. The danger with this world is we live in an Internet social media world where one can be destroyed overnight, so there is this need to constantly play nice when realistically, I don't think we're designed for it.

Of course this doesn't always work, leads to the rise of violent bullies and gangs...needs to be some balance I suppose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE