Ray fan arrested for killing pigeon to eat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
...and everyone knows that a skateboard is the wrong size weapon for feral pigeons. Should have used a shopping trolley.

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
To be fair, anyone who goes round belting birds with skateboards deserves a slap themselves. It clearly wasn't a clean kill, and I can't condone that, even for a flying rat.

I agree, the guy is clearly a complete ****, I would shove his skateboard where the sun don't shine...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The lad sounds like an arrogant tw*t. If you can't kill clean then don't do it, not as if he was in a life or death situation and needed the bird now was it.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I too live in the country. The 'bus' is that enormous red thing that does 70mph down single-track lanes forcing all and sundry to leap into ditches if they wish to live to see another day.

I live in the country.

I'm not sure what is this "bus" to which you refer?

Red

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I live in the country.

I'm not sure what is this "bus" to which you refer?

Red

I've been tracking one for a while now, they're quite elusive. i hear tell that they can swallow up to 40 people at once and can mow down innocent pedestrians at will before making off at high speed clipping cars and buildings alike.
they're tricksy ones tho as they leave no spoor as such, just a faint trail of diesel fumes and a debris path, yet they fit into the tightest of spaces.
they say their heads burn with words of power, the likes which no man may read and stay sane!
:drive:

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
I can see how battering a pidgeon to death with a skateboard and then blaming Uncle Ray is wrong on many levels but it does highlight the problem that in Britain it's genuinely hard to know what you're allowed to do and when and where.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive heard of them bus things.

Ive even got one of those magic items which allows you free passage on them.

(Never dared use it though, even if I could find a bus.)

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
I've been tracking one for a while now, they're quite elusive. i hear tell that they can swallow up to 40 people at once and can mow down innocent pedestrians at will before making off at high speed clipping cars and buildings alike.
they're tricksy ones tho as they leave no spoor as such, just a faint trail of diesel fumes and a debris path, yet they fit into the tightest of spaces.
they say their heads burn with words of power, the likes which no man may read and stay sane!
:drive:

evilbus.jpg

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Back to the thread... Maybe the accused would care to share his recipe with the world? If he's found a way to make flying rats taste good then I'd like to know it.

:)

leon-1

Guys, it doesn't matter.

If the local authority hadn't done him the RSPCA would have. The means with which he took the pidgeon down would be one of the major problems.

He would've been done for offences under the wildlife and countryside act and causing unnecessary suffering (a shotgun is a lot quicker, but discharging one in the city center wouldn't of been a good idea either).

Firecrest, you'll probably find that to suddenly stop a bus or swerve with that many tons of metal work traveling at 20 or 30 mph would be to cause some form of driving offence.

Swerving could endanger the life of those which you have a duty of care to as a driver or you could be endangering people / pedestrians on the pavement. Coming to a screaming halt would place drivers behind you at risk of harm in the event they drove into the back of a bus.

Or as you say they are just evil sods like the people that run rabbits down and then don't ensure they are dead.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Mind you, this is just the sort of incentive the Ministry of Justice would want in order to intervene and get us all formally licensed (please, please don't raise my much-misinterpreted post from a while back...). You don't get car drivers saying "I'm a Hamilton fan so I was trying to copy him by doing 120mph through town," so why Ray?

What next? Thierry Henry fans claiming "I'm a big fan of Thierry and I wanted to copy him so I took up volleyball"?

;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE