Rainy Days under the tarp....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
What do you do to pass the time on a rainy day in the woods? Carve? Cards? Read? Beer?

I like a game of Chess , Domino's or Cards. If alone, a good book/ Mag and a nap works for me.
:)

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
as long as i have enough supplies/food/wood and so on i just chill and watch the fire, put on a brew and listen to the woods. sounds alittle cheesy but thats me. lol.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I just tend to put the right clothes on and go for a mooch about, there`s always something I can find to do.

I do like to have a cheeky little nap in the hammock sometimes too, just lying back and listening to the rain on the tarp sends me off.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
i just chill and watch the fire, put on a brew and listen to the woods. sounds alittle cheesy but thats me. lol.

Yup - that's exactly what I do. I LOVE the sound of the rain tapping against the tarp/bedroom window. I find it quite melodic and relaxing.

Bimble

Forager
Jul 2, 2008
Stafford, England
You must become a black belt in the ancient art of festering. This involves spending a few days in a tent half way up a mountain with your brother waiting out a storm in your sleeping bag.

You start with the usual eye spy and improvised chess board, etc. After a day or so you obtain a Zen like state. You just lie in your pit in a trance listening to the weather. Once in this state nothing is said for hours except for the occasionally profound statement about philosophy or metaphysics.:240:

At the time these little insights are life changing, but then once the storm has passed you forget them and go back to your less noble life....

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
You must become a black belt in the ancient art of festering. This involves spending a few days in a tent half way up a mountain with your brother waiting out a storm in your sleeping bag.

You start with the usual eye spy and improvised chess board, etc. After a day or so you obtain a Zen like state. You just lie in your pit in a trance listening to the weather. Once in this state nothing is said for hours except for the occasionally profound statement about philosophy or metaphysics.:240:

At the time these little insights are life changing, but then once the storm has passed you forget them and go back to your less noble life....

Thats damn sneaky of him.. I hope you stole his sleeping bag or well I guess thats where there Zen comes in.. to be out there with no bag... Kudos... ;) :D

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
does anybody els get this strange feeling of smugness that its tipping it down with rain and everything is soaking wet all around you exept you under the tarp? or am i just odd lol

pete

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
does anybody els get this strange feeling of smugness that its tipping it down with rain and everything is soaking wet all around you exept you under the tarp? or am i just odd lol

pete

No its a lovely feeling, I think its what drives kids to make dens - we always wanted it to rain when we had finish!

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can

pete

I love it too, And nothing brings me a better nights sleep as when the rain drumming against the tent roof!
:)

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
as I'm usualy sitting there on scout camp. I listen to the scouts. "I'm wet" "this is rubbish" "help, our tents flooded because we left the door open".

if their realy lucky I leave my lovely warm sleeping bag, put on my normaly damp boots, place my sopping leather hat upon my head, and go to help them. most of the time I just lie there, after all it's all charecter building. (maybe next time they won't leave thier tent open)

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i like being out in the rain, good clothing etc and all that, bring it on.

its always a great time to go for a walk, everyone else (assuming they have a brain) generally leaves the world for you to enjoy almost alone

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
daydreaming is good for so long, I also usually carry a book and a small shortwave radio. Hearing voices from around the world inspires yet more daydreaming

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE