Quilt for Group Buy Underblanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hopefully the prototype will be at Forest Camp next w/end so if anyone (Gorilla) want to see it. Then I think GrahamS is going to take it to Summer Bushmoot.
Wentworth, Thanks for suggestion but I already answered that question in Post 35
"The idea of a hole in top of quilt for your face creates a problem.
If the hole is positioned for say someone 5ft 6in then someone who is say 6ft 3in would find the hole over the top of their chest."

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Wentworth, Thank you very much for your input, I will however decline on this occasion. I was hoping to have an all in cost of about £35-40. But due to the width and length it uses just about same amount of insulation and material as underblanket. Hence the total cost of £48.67. Too start adding extra's will I think take the cost through the roof.

As I said earlier it will be with me at Forest Camp this w/end. So if anyone wants to see it?

If anyone wants to start the ball rolling, I am willing to start taking orders.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
For me its to expensive. I know you cant change price and it looks like a great product but I wont buy one. Just to let you know.. probably many others dont have a problem with the price ;)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'm in.
Incidentally, I have the prototype at the moment, and I'll have it at the Moot if anyone wants to have a look at it before they commit to buy.
I'll be the one wearing green with a broad brimmed leather hat carrying a knife and sleeping in a hammock. you can't miss me ;)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I tried the quilt out at the weekend. I wasn't cold so it was only a partial test but here's my thoughts on it.

Firstly size, It was more than big enough for use in the hammock. With the sides of the under-quilt drawn up around the hammock there is only a small area on top that needs insulation and I did not even have to bother tucking the sides in to cover this.

I gather It's been made big enough for ground use and I didn't get to test this so I can't comment.

I've heard it mentioned that a different colour for the underside would be useful but more useful in my opinion would be a different coloured stuff sack.

When bundled up it looks exactly like the under-quilt and as I have two of them, it would be very easy to find myself with two of them packed by mistake.

Overall it seems like a good product that should do it's job well.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I am going away for a fortnights holiday tomorrow. So I will start the list off and as in recent buys if you copy list and add your name and number you want to it. I will then carry on when I get back.
As has been already said the top will be same colour as blanket and the bottom will be a sand colour. Will see if Snugpak do different colour stuff sacks and I will also delete the side flaps, as I don't think they are needed. This will reduce weight by a bit and should reduce price slightly. Money better in Your pocket etc....

The list is as follows.

Neanderthal 1
Gorilla 1
Bardster 1
GrahamS 1

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Neanderthal 1
Gorilla 1
Bardster 1
GrahamS 1
Bikething 2 :p
mayfly 2

One for SWMBO, too!
Thanks for doing this :You_Rock_
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE