Premature storm warning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well, looks like the weather man was premature with last weeks storm warnings, certainly for my area.

We've had around five hours of gale force winds and heavy rain; it blew my tall metal tripod BBQ across the garden and I have some slates off my roof :tapedshut

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry to hear about the damage Richard :sigh: I hope it's nowt more severe than that.

Is this a new storm? or the otherside of the first one ?

M

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I was just typing a reply saying that I'd filled up the lanterns and POW, power went out, only for a few minutes though. It was forecast on the beeb web site (high winds and rain that is).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sorry to hear about the damage Richard :sigh: I hope it's nowt more severe than that.

Is this a new storm? or the otherside of the first one ?

M

If it were the backside of the first storm that would mean that it had lingered in one spot incredibly long. That in turn would have meant unbelievable damage due to sheer duration.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Today is a completely different weather system to the one last week which has long gone via Germany and Holland.

As is the biggie due tomorrow evening and Monday morning.

They are whizzing over us at great speed.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
yup,

a beaufort scale 7 to 8 for a good 6 hours so far. Different sort of system to last weeks, deffinatley more long lasting and wide ranging, if not as strong.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mary it was funny the other day a mini digger turned up at the local school playing field to put in drainage as it floods regularly. He dug a hole out 'round himself where the ground had sunk then went home for the night. Heavy rain over night and he turns up with out willies and cant get to his digger as he now had a perfect moat around. He went home again.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Got a builder chum of mine up on the roof this morning and he's got things covered. Thankfully there is little of no wind today.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I was up at friends woods in Wales this weekend. So glad I opted for the log cabin with burner rather than the hammock. The trees were bending way past the points they should. I was also a little worried as some big Elms we took down seemed to understandably change the dynamic of the winds in the area making other trees look more worrying.

Could not have been that bad as I slept for about 10 hours straight! :)

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Was in the Cairngorms last night and ha to go and rescue my bike and trailer at around 04:30 this morning- they had been blown right around the tree they were up against and only the lock had stopped the trailer from being tossed down a steep slope to the river that was by now in full spate! So glad I was in a bothy and not in a tent!!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
just thought I'd say its a 7 on a beaufort scale today, not the 10 they experienced down south a few weeks ago, or the 9 on saturday for some, but still its windy.

Edit.

I'd love to know the winds in the west coast of scotland at set times.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE