Praise The Lord!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
If you run 'bushcraft' as a search thread on evilbay there is a bloke selling Wetterlings Axes through his online shop 'Knives & Bushcraft'. These are brilliant axes(I have two - the Hunters Axe and the double-handed Felling Axe) and cheaper than Gransfors. About time somebody started stocking these - I havent been able to find a UK stockist up until now, though I'm sure I will be corrected . . . :red: :red: :red: :red:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Loads of people used to stock them when I was looking a few years back but it seems that the GB ones simply sold more making selling a Wetterlings one tough.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Thats a pity because they're top bits of kit (I have no connection to whoever is selling these - I promise ;) ). Go on Wetterlings - FIGHT THE POWER! (Gransfors Bruks, that is).

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Granfors Bruks is probably a smaller company, there axes only sell so well because they are clearly very good :D No connection to gransdors :cool:

I would have no problem using a wetterlings axe though

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I have no problem with the design and quality of GB axes whatsover, although I do find them overpriced in many instances - if you look on ebay at the moment there are Small Forest Axes going for anything up to sixty quid; a bit over the top in my opinion when you can get a Wetterlings equivilent for twenty quid cheaper. Whether this is the doing of GB, although I suspect it is more down to over- priced outdoor suppliers taking advantage of the brand identification with certain bushcraft tv presenters . . . .

Anyway wasnt my intention to get into an arguement over this one :rolleyes: . My (over belated) point is that it is good to have the choice in the buyers market - maybe this will drive the prices charged by suppliers for other brands down. ;)

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
It's okay mate i wasnt arguing just stating the reason i think granfors are popular. Cuz they are good! Thats why wetterlings axes are popular too, because they are good. Both are expensive compared to cheap rubbish that you can get.

Small forest Axe is 45 pounds on from outdoor code so 10 quid dearer than equivelant Wetterlings. I'd be happy with either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE