Poppers for leather working...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi, anyone know where I could get some poppers for leather working?

I just made a sheath for my axe and need to be able to secure it with a popper.

You can see the sheath that came with it :yikes: basically just a bit of fabric and some elastic... nasty.

I'd prefer somewhere reasonably local to London as i'd rather not spent £10 postage getting 50p's worth of stuff from the US or anything daft like that.

Cheers

Joe

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Paganwolf said:
why not use a peice of leather thong and a peice of antler as a toggle? im sure bambodoggy will give you a bit of his thong :wink:

At the moment, the leather is quite thick and stiff... I need something that's simple and capable of taking a battering.

Besides, I don't want my axe sheath smelling like... well, nevermind :wink:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Squidders said:
At the moment, the leather is quite thick and stiff... I need something that's simple and capable of taking a battering.

Besides, I don't want my axe sheath smelling like... well, nevermind :wink:

Joe a antler or wooden toogle like I use on my axe sheath is easy to make.

If the leather is to stiff score inside the hinge a few times to thin it out and make it more bendy.

As for poppers I'm know a place in London but I dont think you can mail order from there - that said I am planning a visit soon so if you want anything PM me and I'll see what I can do.

allenko

Forager
Sep 24, 2003
Leicestershire
I picked up Sam Browne's fastenings recently PM me and I will send it over Squidds :wink:

No charge just do a good job abd show me at the next Ashdown.

Get in there!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Blimey, you lot are too helpful!

Rapidboy: Thanks for the link, looks like they have everything I could need, I think i'm going to be ordering one or two things from there.

Beachlover: sounds like a nice place you've got there :rolmao:

Gary: I may wait until the next ashdown meet to have a gander at yours to see what it's like but to be honest, my sheath isn't a work of art or a labour of love, I only did it because the one that came with was so appauling, it'll be good to see what a nice one is supposed to be like.

Allenko: As usual I have loads of options that I was unaware of so i'm not going to complete it until after the next ashdown meet, that way, I can have a good look at Gary's one and any ideas others have about wood, antler, the force or anything else that could work well... Could you bring the catalogue to the meet?

Cheers all :You_Rock_

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE