Positive karma (for a change!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
With my new sewing machine standing idle, I thought I'd nip down to the local fabric shop to see if they had any outdoor material. I bought a few metres of yellow and blue Nylon ripstop and the end of a roll of fairly heavy cordura (which she gave me half price) plus some zips. I have a mate who lives just round the corner from there although he's in the process of moving. I called him to see if he was about and he was just clearing some stuff out of his shed at the old house. I took him some doughnuts and gave him a hand for a few minutes carrying boxes to his car.

I then noticed an industrial electric motor lying in his garden. He said he'd offered it to me a while ago but I didn't really have a use for it then. However, yesterday my older sewing machine motor blew up (lots of smoke and popping!) and having just spent a not inconsiderable amount of money on an industrial machine, I was reluctant to buy a new motor for it. Now I don't have to! Let's hope it fits...

New machine is terrific for thick leather but being a cylinder arm it's a bit awkward for sewing thin stuff in straight lines. Quiet and controllable, though. Made a nice little zipped ripstop pouch. Would post a picture but can't remember the site to use...

Reactions: Macaroon and Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE