Pointless.. a knife that chops but won't stab

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I really don't think this will do anything to combat knife crime. More than likely it'll cost too much for Mr Joe Average so normal knives will continue to be made and used.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I really don't think this will do anything to combat knife crime. More than likely it'll cost too much for Mr Joe Average so normal knives will continue to be made and used.
People get stabbed with screwdrivers, (I worked with a chap who was stabbed in the hand with a normal unsharpened screwdriver) they are blunt. I'm sure this is pure marketing over sense. A solution to which there is no problem:rolleyes:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
whats the point? good japanese knives don't have points to them. you don't stab with a knife you cut.
with the smaller ones you can use it to pierce but still?
meh, very pointless excersize in paranoia this.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I’m guessing your average thug would choose to shoplift a pointy one instead! I find this faintly obscene, but I’ve not worked out exactly why yet!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Even if this daft thing did gain currency, there's nothing to stop a determined soul from breaking out the grinder and putting a point on it.

This is a real sop to the paranoia of folk who can only see a knife - any knife - as a weapon rather than a tool.

D

Deleted dude 7861

As said before pointless, totally pointless It's not as if pointy knives are rare or ever going to become rare, unless there's a law to outlaw pointy knives? Paranoia and a knee jerk reaction as ever.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
yup, this is just daft. a sharpened screwdriver or file would make a much better stabbing weapon.

Sussex Man

Jul 14, 2008
Robertsbridge
Sorry, but what is stopping you from stabbing someone with that knife- looks like it would make a hell of a mess for a surgeon !
Why don't we actually lock them up?
IMHO- IF WE BAN KNIVES THEY WILL USE HAMMERS, IF WE BAN HAMMERS THEY WILL USE BRICKS !!!!!!!

Educating the kids and making the punishment VERY VERY SEVERE, is the only way.
Peace....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh yeah,

Pretty much like that old Glasgow gang favourite the cut-throat razor. It had a blunt tip too...

" ... the King's barber is the most trusted man in the kingdom, for every morning he holds a keen blade to our Liege's throat..."

Dum idea really, as a hammer is pretty blunt and still did for Joe Orton. I't not the suitability of the tool it's the wazzock weilding it that's the problem. I'm off before getting into another debate with some of our more "liberal" minded folk here on why we should cuddle them after they stab us though. ;)

Goatboy.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I recon the "inventor" should be "sectioned", closely followed by all the so called "do-gooders" and "band wagon" polititians, untill they start talking sense!

smoggy

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its not that bad an idea. It is a bad idea for crime fighting because criminals are not going to buy a knife they cannot stab with if they intend to stab someone.
However I wouldnt mind one myself, ive no use for a sharp point on my knives in the kitched its an unnessisary hazard, ive cut myself a couple of times and all I need them for is slicing.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Its not that bad an idea. It is a bad idea for crime fighting because criminals are not going to buy a knife they cannot stab with if they intend to stab someone.
However I wouldnt mind one myself, ive no use for a sharp point on my knives in the kitched its an unnessisary hazard, ive cut myself a couple of times and all I need them for is slicing.

Do you just eat cheese sandwiches then...;)

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
But you just know that in Gordon's Britain some bright spark is going to legislate that this becomes a standard design. It would be so much more of a (Mail/Express) headline grabber than something like, say, a sensible initiative to put a strong male role model into the lives of these kids. The threat of a prison sentence is almost meaningless to a 17 year old who's wrapped up in teenage nihilism and to whom one year is as much an eternity as 20.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Feeding paranoia, but the design for what it is intended to prevent is quite good i think. Totally useless in actually preventing scumbags for using knives to cause to harm however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE