Photographs from the Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hooray! I have used my cold as an excuse to slum around sorting out my photos rather than catching up on my studies, selling my house, finding a job, mending my boiler/washing machine/car or any of the other activities I "ought" to be doing at the moment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclingrelf/sets/72157606595524984/

Thanks to all involved in organising, volunteering, teaching and generally being amazing. And especial thanks to Wayland for being mad enough to run a workshop at 4:30 am, Longstrider for repeating the axe sharpening workshop just for me and to the honest fishermen who entertained me and didn't mind me hanging around with flu and jet lag. I had a great time!!!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Wow beautiful!! I hope my castle pictures turn out as good as those. Fat chance as im merely a point and click photographer.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Hey - thanks Firecrest! I'm not much cop as a landscape photographer, so am sure yours have every chance of being comparable or better. Put 'em up here when you get a chance so's we can all learn from each other. :)

Spamel - take a peek at the photo of "line dancing" to see the effects of staying up all night!!! See you next year.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Man my legs are awfully white. I wouldnt have been wearing shorts but I only brought 2 pairs of trousers. One pair I left in the rain and the baby crapped all over the other pair.

mittenz

Jul 10, 2008
London
Lol i see you got a pic with the tipi's one was mine (err the sagging one (white) lol it was our 1st time putting it up) they all look so close together in your pic made me chuckle :D

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It's a shame I missed it, it would've been great to get some tutoring on landscape photography.

The photos look great, I especially like the one of the sun rise with the swans either side of the specular highlight on the water :) Oh and the violinist one as well :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Unfortunetly I didn't attend Waylands workshop, mainly owing to my camera being small and a bit shy. Anyhow a few shots frpm the Coffee Table Camp.

My hammock and Spams Hex 3 with Rob Van Winkle Awake, sat up and everything!

Me, Coffee just kicking in.

Rabbit stew prep, we made this on the Mon morn and finally finishished eating it at 3am Tues morn after coming back from all the celebrations, Cooked/reheated for 18hrs. Gorgeous.:headbang: The Star Fire logs lasted 3 days with just a few others for a flame up in the evenings. could have a couple of brew billys, cook pot on the tripod all at the same time with a fry pan in the middle for the breakfast.

All in all a brilliant time, O and the moot was quite good too ;)

Addo.

Bogeyman

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
God, what great landscape pictures!!!!!!

Many times i wonder: Do you realize what a beautiful country you people have?...............(judging from these photos apparently so!! ;) )
I really enjoyed them!! :lurk: Marvelous! :sigh:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Neat cooking set-up Addo! And a nice set of pics. Was that lantern so that you could use your axe at night? (Tut tut :))

No, it was just an arty shot at the time. It looks really dark for some reason but it was still quite light. We lit the lamps (both Addo and myself had one each, bit of a coincidence) before it got dark and they'd run throughout the night. Handy for if you need to get up for an Old Mans' Tinkle in the middle of the night!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Someone on the flint knapping workshop requested a photo I took of John & Will Lord, the photo is here:

DSCF1360_Medium_.JPG

Its in the BCUK Gallery and you can contact me if you want it in a higher res.

Im after a few photos from the Bushmoot, whilst doing Jed's Advanced Axe workshop towards the end I think it was a MOD snapping away taking shots of the shelter and the group, anyone seen those photos anywhere? Wanted to show the mrs the shelter. Thanks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE