pee in a bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Silverback said:
For hammock campers cut a small slit in the middle of the hammock, fix velcro either side of the slit then when the urge to go strikes, roll over, 'pop out' through the velcro, job done and yes I am joking :D .

:lmao: That's a good one. Hope no one out there uses that method. Would be a strange sight...

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i do the same in my hammock, i use a DD hammock so i just roll over and pee out of the bottom
leon

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Silverback said:
For hammock campers cut a small slit in the middle of the hammock, fix velcro either side of the slit then when the urge to go strikes, roll over, 'pop out' through the velcro, job done.

Hence, the Hennessy Hammock.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Only trouble with the hennessey is it is designed to clamp shut when you are in it :eek: and the aggressive hook side of the velcro I should imagine would have a similar effect to a lemon zester :lmao:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I remember waking up in my snow hole in Norway, busting, having to go outside in a hooley because the 3 other guys in my tent group wouldn't have been too impressed with me taking a leak in the living area, especially when one of the lads was awake on candle watch. I swear to god it took some courage to get the wee guy out if you know what I mean, it must have been at least 25 below if not more with the windchill and all that ran through my mind was my now very, very wee man getting frost bitten. Can you imagine.. :lmao: :eek:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I was camping on Saturday night just gone and it was sub zero. I had the maggot sleeping bag and a reindeer skin under me in the hammock. My pee bottle was suspended above me in the small dry bag that my hammock usually lives in.

At around three in the morning, needing to go, I unzipped the maggot and reached up for the bottle. The hammock had sunk a little and I couldn't quite reach the ridge line to unclip the fastex buckle on the dry bag. I could just reach the bottom of the dry bag though, so I pulled it down towards me. As I released the fastex buckle, the ridge line snapped up smartly against the tarp and half a gallon of freezing condensation rained down on me. I did the business and lobbed the bottle over the side, but I didn't get back to sleep till about four thirty.

Eric

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Only been a tent dweller until now, but after a bad experience one time (campsite, fumbling for boots, way too much beer, 'nuff said..) I always keep my cooking pans close to hand (washed very thoroughly after use!). A 1ltr nalgene bottle (and for me, it has to be a 1ltr one!) sounds like a great idea though - especially since I'm thinking of getting a hammock for the summer...

Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
I wandered around the supermarket last weekend trying to find some liquid/produce that comes in a suitable wide-necked light-weight bottle but gave up. I had considered a nalgene bottle but I can't convince myself to do it to the poor thing.

Then came the 'doh' moment, as I was rinsing out the 2 pint plastic milk bottle to put it in the recycling - I think it will do just fine, and maybe a 4 pinter should be even better. With the lids off, they fold flat and weigh almost nothing, so we shall see, next time I go out. (or next time Mrs Badger is having a long bath and I can't hold it!)

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
Yes I have done it and still do... I strated to do during alpine survival training in the forces, now I do it in winter out of habit, keeps you toasty warm on a cold night... But I do it out side of my bag... no worries about missing the mark then... I use a 1lt nalgene bottle wraped in yellow speed tape and has one of those BETA Light kit markers on it so I can find it in the dark...

Cheers,

Karl...

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
On school camp last summer, one of the care staff pitched up next to me. After the first night he asked if I had a tap in my tent, as he could hear running water in the night.

I told him yes - It was a syphon arrangment form L Windermere, and as long as you boiled the water it was fit to drink.

I only got found out when he asked the camp senior (an ex US Marine with a keen if not slightly wierd sense of humour (warped?)) if he could have a similar arrangement in his tent! He was given an empty milk bottle - the look on his face was priceless!

Lot of Dry Suit divers use them. Catheter condom and a p-valve (so it only goes out and nothing comes in...)

Mate of mine used one with a longer hose, taped the hose to his ankles and had never a problem during concerts like Roskilde ;-)

Grtz Johan

PS: Yes... do shave... I didn't the first time... ouch thanked my mates afterwards for not telling ;-)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ok i think the whole bottle thing is a good idea but to be honest i dont fancy it just incase you do miss :eek: That and come on in this country even down to -5 or -10 on average its not that bad to just get out and have a quick peee, even in a hammock.

I tend to make sure that i stop drinking at least half hour before bed and try and hold my last pee of the night until just before i go to sleep. At a stretch in the past i have stood up out of the hammock and pulled my sleeping bag and bivy bag down to the floor and kind of leaned forward at an angle on a tree had a pee :dunno: It did work but there is again a chance of things going a little wrong :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE