pee in a bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Imagine a cold night out in the woods. Pitch black, blazing winds, low temperatures and with the inevitable cold on the blatter: the call of nature comes.
When I go to sleep, well tucked up in my sleepingbag I always make sure I have an 0.5 litre bottle next to me, or in my sleepingbag. So IF I have to go, I do not have to get out. from all the people I ever went out with, I seem to be the only one who does this. I think it's a good tip (except for women) but others look at me in a weird way when I tell em. Good tip, or just nasty nasty?
It works for me anyway! :D

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Sounds like an accident waiting to happen lads! I reckon the idea of trying not to "spill" whilst half awake in the confines of a kip sack is a brave one. Then having to remember what the drinks bottle is like too!!! Dodgy.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
I tried it the other day, following such advice, but whilst inside my hammock. I just ended up covered in pi**, which was nice! :)

Wide neck bottle would have made it alot easier

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Goose said:
For a while I thought that was what nalgene bottles were designed for, still not comfortable drinking from nalgene! :aargh4:

Yup, wide mouth nalgene bottle in the sleeping bag in the hammock. The secret is to roll on your side, remove the lid, do the business, replace the lid then roll back into your sleeping position. You can hug the nalgene bottle for a while afterwards. It's surprising how warm widdle is!

Eric

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Lol I got a purple nalgene for water and an orange one for the.... wetter business. :lmao: Just to help me remember which is which!

Word of advice... don't let your friends borrow your "extra" nalgene... they never grab the "right" one

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
We also do this to circumvent leaving the tent and trudging off to do business in the night. I have a 1L nalgene I've spraypainted white to make sure it's not used for anything else. My buddy has a similar rig.

My wife bought a Freshette female urination aid, as squatting over the bottle was a bit of a challenge and she cursed when she missed. Now it's dead easy for everyone. :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
When the year is old
And the nights are cold
And the end of you fingers are blue,
Listen to your Daddy -
He's an old camper laddie -
And he's camped out cold nights as well!
Before you go to bed
For God's sake don't forget
That screw top nalgene bottle -
Bloody hell!

An old poem revised!
John

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I've run into this problem many a time. Having the bladder of a squirrel is such a curse!

Personally I use a Lucozade or Oasis bottle. Never considered a Nagalene bottle - but I'll certainly invest now... not that I'm bragging or anything!

For the females on here, there's also the "SheWee" - although it's designed to be used standing up so I'm not sure how practical it'll be in a doss bag!!!

And why am I discussing this stuff at 0930 in the morning. I bet that the tone lowered for the rest of the day now :rolleyes:

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
Yep its the pleasure and pain thing again.

Have a good drink round the fire, get into bed and drop off straight away…

Then wake up in the middle of the night busting for a pee your pi**ed haven’t a glue where you are.

Or is that just me?

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I sleep on the ground under a tarp so, when in the woods, it's not a big deal to step into boots and bimble off for a pee.
However I must admit to having peeed in a Nalgene bottle on a family camping trip where the toilet block was about 100m away.

I think it's a good system - as long as you have a dedicated bottle..

(Which I didn't :eek: )

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I wouldn't even consider peeing inside my down bag. Not in any conditions you're ever likely to find in this country anyway... If it's cold, I'm already wearing thermals, and my boots are always where I can step straight into them. I'd far rather get up and deal with a couple of minutes outside than take any risk of getting my bag wet. I lean out of the side of my hammock to drink rather than risk spillage on my bag. It's my one overriding principle - always keep your bag dry!

Yer all just a bunch o' jessies... ;)

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
You've got a point there gregorach. I have a German military synthetic bag, but also a down one. Never thought about it like that. So in the near future I think I will go out when I'm out with my down bag. Never had any probs with pee-ing in a bottle though. And untill now I've used the 0.5 litre coca cola bottle with the tiny hole. :eek: Not that that says anything about the size o'...
...let's not go there ;)

Anyway, also didn't know people actually bought bottles especially for this buisiness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE