Paying for stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey there good folks, I'm anticipating parting with ££ at the Bushmoot for items from traders, as contributions for materials etc. I'm new to the event so it'd be really helpful to know two things,

Do people tend to prefer cash, or will some people take a cheque especially if for a larger amount? (I'm assuming, maybe wrongly not cards)?

When offering some recompense for materials in a workshop is it ok to ask what would be a suitable contribution?

Thanks all,

Lizz

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As Colin said cash is king.

With regards to recompensing workshop tutors if there is a charge for materials used in particular activity then that's announced before it takes place, usually at the morning meeting or on the day's activities board, so people know about it and know what to bring with them.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi Lizz,

Cash is king particularly if you have it in coin, them paper notes are a pain when you are in the middle of a wood miles away from so called civilization. :) Some also accept pure silver coin and lead, though not at ballistic velocities and of course sticks, as long as they are sweating NG, money doesn't grow on trees you know.

There are no card services, no mobile signal.

Other Moot currencies are Jaffa Cakes (not counterfeit ones), Bourbons, Caramel Wafers, Chocolate Fingers.......

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
You may wish to check spelling in your post Steve, I'm not sure u**x is an appropiate payment method to suggest!!!!! ;)

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Do we have a known exchange rate on the biscuit currencies? Just wondering how many bourbon creams (higher melting point so safer to have when there is no fridge), to the jaffa cake?

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE