Huge thanks to you all - BushMoot 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I know there's a few other thread about the Moot but I figured I'd start another one, don't feel like you have to jump in, no pressure.

Thanks to all that came to the Moot this year, it was a great Moot and it was lovely to see old friends as well as make new ones. I have a slightly different perspective on the Moot from most as my main focus is on making sure that everything is running well, that people are happy and enjoying themselves and there's plenty to do, especially on the core days. It's right at the end, literally the Sat night that I relax and evaluate the whole of the event and how it's been, before that my head is just busy with the next thing that needs doing or the plans for the next day or two days away etc.

Anyway, the Moot was great, it flowed, people enjoyed themselves and I really got the community type feel from it which is amazing considering many people don't know each other and there's wives and husbands that only tag along and all those things. It amazes me how willing people are to help each other and to share their knowledge and skills, how patient and giving you can all be, easy going and happy, from someone that generally stands outside of it all and watches you all at the Moot, how you interact, how you treat each other and how big your grins are it was a magnificent Moot and you're all amazing people.

Also I'd like to credit the older youth/young adults, what an amazing bunch, polite, inclusive, considerate and amazingly gifted, they are a credit to their parents and to themselves. I've seen them grow year on year but this year they all seemed to gel and become a group in their own right and we'll endeavour to accommodate this in the years to come. Seriously, you're all amazing.

Thanks to all those that ran workshops, that have understood what the Moot is about and freely shared, you're contributions to people's lives is hard to measure, I know that because of your efforts people learn and become more than they were when they arrived. I take my hat off to you all and I'll be in touch with those that have asked to run workshops next year.

More thanks to those that just helped out, saw a need and filled it, be that having a sweep about, or picking up some litter, jumping in to help in a workshop or just watching over the kids playing in the sand, it all makes a big difference to everyone around and it doesn't go unnoticed.

We had the 'Respect' award for the first time this year in memory of Drew Dunn, on here he was Drew Dunn Respect and he was an amazing lad. Rather than the award being a mournful sad experience it's to acknowledge those that bring a brightness to the Moot, that have a positive impact and it was great to award that to Dave (aka Davros or even his forum name of Whittle Wheels) it was a no brainer for you to have the award Dave, you're enthused, active, happy, positive and you made us all smile.

Right, that's probably enough from me for now.

Thanks again to all of you that came to the Moot, it was a great Moot and I'm looking forward to 2017, 31st July - 12th August!!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A big thankyou to you Tony for all the hard work you put in, not just at the moot but for all the planning organising etc that goes on throughout the year that we never see but is evident in how well the whole event is run.

An equally big thank you has to go to Shelly and everyone else who helped run reception, maintained the onsite facilities etc. :You_Rock_

Looking forward to next years Bushmoot already :)

Apr 8, 2016
Garstang, Preston
Tony you're one in a mullion thanks for all your hard work and for the award in respect for Drew. I can't wait for next year's Moot. There was so much to learn and we have all had the opportunity to share skills hopefully by next year I will be able to work out how to get my tarp up the tree??? Interesting challenge as I'm short at one end lol. See you soon. :) DAVROS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Trotsky

I already sought you out to thank you personally at the Moot but, my girlfriend and I had such an amazing time on our first Moot that I feel I must thank you and everyone else again. We're already planning for and looking forward to next year's Moot while suffering withdrawal of the forest, fresh air and superb company. I wish I had discovered the Moot years ago!

Jul 22, 2014
East Sussex
THANK YOU Tony, and all your assistants, cleaning fairies and invisible people who just make things work. I think Mr Budd senior desrves a medal too- he was at that laithe all day every day. As our second meet we had a better idea what to expect, and it exceeded those too! We brought foresty friends along this year and they were organising next year's food before we'd even left camp, so it's a big hit there too. The 'youths' were awesome as you say, new songs for the ukelele were brought back and "I can't help falling in love" with the whole tribal feel. The young'uns were a lovely bunch too, just knowing they were always together except for food felt like we'd entered an Enid Blyton book! Thanks again, I can't wait for next year!x

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I echo all the other thank yous, but in addition a special thank you to all those that helped me look after my baby.

Life for me would have been really hard without Sargey, Ross, Sarah, Dave, Mark, Lorraine, Pete, Magda, Shelly, Sam and Matt and numerous others who stepped in to hold him for a bit to free me up for essential tasks such as going to the loo, cooking dinner, sterilising bottles and so forth.

I think it's testimony to a wonderful community of people that I not only felt confident to bring a 6 week old to the bushmoot on my own, but it was actually easier for me than being at home! And I even attended a couple of workshops and taught one lad some basic fire-laying as well as the usual camping tasks.

Now I need to train the little one to sleep at home as well as he did at the moot...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, My father slept well...I hope hes sleeping as well at home when I am not around to be waked by his snoring...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE