Part of the furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Because it can be taken that you've been around so long you're no longer noticed, valued or appreciated by the person who says it.

Dictionary definition here

I just don't like being taken for granted. I find it bad mannered and it irritates me every time I see it.

Got to say I'm with Wayland here, and it somehow feels cozy and domestic, rather than outdoorsy and eccentric, which would be more in keeping with the site ethos.

Fair enough, I was just wondering :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....I think it was simply Tony's way of saying folks have got their seat sorted around the fire :).....

That's the way I took it too Mary, but I can see the logic behind the part of your comment that I snipped too.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ah, maybe I'll decide that in this case the furniture is a hammock chair, and then I won't be so bothered. It certainly isn't high on a list of important topics worth getting worked up about anyway. :)

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
For the love of god will someone please change it! The whole universe as we know it is at risk. We must stop this senselessness. Only through working together can we make a difference and save society as we know it!

Please act now, sign the petition. Every single signature makes a difference.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
This is dragging on a bit, perhaps not enough folks dislike it enough to set the wheels in motion but clearly there are a few, myself included, who really do not want to be described as being 'Part of the Furniture'.

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've flagged it in the Mods, and I gave the Boss a bump about the thread.

In the grand scheme of things it's a very minor quibble.....if you don't like it, play around with the definition bit like the rest of us have......just mind no sweary words :tapedshut:

atb,
M

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
well looking at this thread .i see 8 of you object to this term part of the furniture not 28000 of you now to me thats just not enough to worry about with all that is going on in the world i personally think you all need to look in the mirror and make a change because if four words which is now three pages long bother you that much god help us all regards dave

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
well looking at this thread .i see 8 of you object to this term part of the furniture not 28000 of you now to me thats just not enough to worry about with all that is going on in the world i personally think you all need to look in the mirror and make a change because if four words which is now three pages long bother you that much god help us all regards dave

Oh the humanity!

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Let's not turn this into a contentious thread, please.

A few people, myself included, have asked for the title to be looked at. No-one has demanded changes now or else, or anything dramatic, but a few suggestions have been made. It then seemed to disappear without a response one way or the other. Wayland bumped the thread to ask if there was any news.

Personally, I dislike the 'part of the furniture' thing, but I can live with it. It certainly won't stop me using the site. There are far more important things to worry about.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I suppose it depends on just what part of the furniture I am? I really wouldn't want to be a seat cushion! But the table top (holds all the food don't you know?) would be Ok.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just a suggestion:

Why not change it so both of the little titles are able to be changed by full members (which I will be in a short while...)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

Hmmmm... What's the world coming to when four words like 'No, actually I won't' which was a clear concise anwer seems to be able to upset some people for no reason :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE