Part of the furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I'm awestruck at someone reaching over 3000 posts in little over a year. I haven't reached my first thousand yet since joining in September 2005. As my father used to say, "I don't care what they call me as long as it's not late for breakfast".

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Any chance that someone could explain to me why they find "part of the furniture" to be offensive? Just curious.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Is it that we have been around so long that the Mods no longer HAVE to notice us ' coz we is da good guys who will not cause trouble?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I'm awestruck at someone reaching over 3000 posts in little over a year. I haven't reached my first thousand yet since joining in September 2005. As my father used to say, "I don't care what they call me as long as it's not late for breakfast".

very good posts they are too. Now the lady with the talented kitty has made quite a few posts, but the other lady with the TWENTY THOUSAND posts, ie 20,000 posts, is one of the other people who does a spot of work for the site, Toddy she's called.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tbh, knowing Tony, it was most definitely not meant to be taken that way.

I can't say I'm fond of it, it's a little too 'armchair bushcrafter' implication to suit me, or most folks here, I reckon. I think it was simply Tony's way of saying folks have got their seat sorted around the fire :)

cheers,
M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Got to say I'm with Wayland here, and it somehow feels cozy and domestic, rather than outdoorsy and eccentric, which would be more in keeping with the site ethos.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE